🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to boost profile if there is no category ...
Page options
63608add
Community Member

How to boost profile if there is no category in the suggestions

Hi everyone. 

I would like to boost my profile in order to lift my ranking and grab a few clients to make my account took off. Mostly I work with a no-code and I can build front and back-end of an application. It is called full-stack web development. In terms of Upwork terminology there few advertising categories are relevant to my skills and abilities: full-stack development, front-end development, back-end developement. Thus, upwork does not provide boosting for my category. These are three categories having mixed search results with professional web developers while I want to show my profile based on users request. Like: no-code, bubble.io, soft, airtable etc. 

Question: 

1. Would it be possible to target/raise my profile only for those who are seeking a no-code dev? 

2. If not, how would you recommend to set advertising/boosting in a more efficient way in order not to lose budget?  

3. How to understand my competitors bid? 

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
williamtcooper
Community Member

Pick the closest category.

elisa_b
Community Member

If I were you, I wouldn't waste my money on profile boosting. It would be better to optimise your profile (e.g. do not waste the first two lines with a useless greeting), make it more catchy and client-oriented, and apply for jobs. 

And even in that case, chances of success are unfortunately low, since clients have abandoned Upwork in flocks during the last couple of years. So be prepared to lose money with applications, but again, don't waste it on profile boosting.

And protect yourself from scammers: Top Red Flags for Scams: From Community Membe... - Upwork Community

af5d050e
Community Member

Yes you are right!

63608add
Community Member

Thank you for the response. 

1. This is my profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0168dc148982868adf?viewMode=1 What would you suggest to improve my account? 

elisa_b
Community Member

Replace the first two lines with descriptive and catchy content, going straight to the point of what you offer: clients will see only those lines when you apply for a job. Use them wisely and don't waste them with greetings.

There are spelling and grammar errors in your description, contradicting your "native or bilingual" level of English.

You should expand your portfolio and use fewer emojis, since they might seem childish. You should also highlight how you can solve specific issues that clients might have. Best of luck.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members