🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I have worked and have no pay
Page options
4b7b7b21
Community Member

I have worked and have no pay

Hi, I have a question. I have a contract that is currently on hiatus, it's called Hot/cold calls to prospects and clients in the beauty industry with Google sheet CRM (Llamadas en frio/calido a prospectos y clientes de Sector de belleza con Google sheet CRM). I have been working for two weeks and two days, but I am not getting paid. I get emails saying Refund notification. My employer has no funds in his account. what can I do?

During the work meetings and the files that were shared with me, I perceived that other girls were in the same circumstances. It seems to me that this employer has this way of conducting himself by choosing new people on the platform to whom he does not pay, but he asked me to record a video of what it was like to work with him. Since the time to pay had not yet expired, I rated him well. In a meeting, he said he had problems with his card or bank details. I'm afraid he hires people every two weeks and doesn't pay them.  I'm afraid that tomorrow I will receive the "Refund notification" email again. Is there anything that can be done? I only apply to jobs with verified payment.

I will be grateful for your advice

Adriana

4 REPLIES 4
fccfebe2
Community Member

Hi, first of all, you should absolutely not continue working until you get paid for your work. Also are you using time tracker, becuse if you use time tracker and you have good activity you should still get paid due to payment protection from Upwork. If you are sure the client is doing what you think they are you should definitely report them to Upwork.

Hi, of course, I am no longer working and he skillfully put the contract on hold. However, 2 weeks and two days is the maximum that the platform guarantees payment. As I am new I did not know this, but he did. I found out when I got an email that the funds were returned to the employer, and I was left with no guarantee. At that moment I understood their move. Being new, the first week was without the time tracker the button was not active, I wrote it in the upwork chat to the employer and he did not activate it until the third week. Of course, today I received my payment for a minimal amount of what I worked (only the ones that were measured with the time tracker). Today I wrote to you again requesting my payment, but you still have not answered me.
On the other hand, I ask you to help me by telling me where I can report it because I looked everywhere and I could not do it.

There is nothing much you can do here now. Only hourly jobs with time tracker activated and approved will get you paid even if the client refuses the payment. All others even fixed jobs with escrow payments are not fully protected if the client raise a charge back through  his bank.

1402c357
Community Member

The same things happended to me

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members