🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I haven't received my payment yet
Page options
864c2f55
Community Member

I haven't received my payment yet

Excuse me, i'll asking about get paid.

On yesterday evening, i've been clicking the button 'get paid now' on my works 27 Feb-6 March, and then i'm setting the receiver bank account what I wrote was an bank account belonging to my teammates upwork that's works on same company from indonesia, i'm knowing him and we're often to meet face to face and also I have adding his bank account an optional account in my payment method, but why haven't the payments been received yet? Even though I already received confirmation of the disbursement of the funds from upwork, please hopefully there are wise solution. Thanks a lot before.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hanom, 

You will need to add a payment method where you are listed as an account holder. If you're using your friend's bank account, and you are not listed as a joint account holder on your friend's bank account, your withdrawal will be rejected for a name mismatch. I can confirm that your recent withdrawal was refunded to your bank account because the bank rejected it. Please ensure that you only add a payment method where you are the listed account holder. 

I recommend that you remove your friend's payment method from your account and use your account to withdraw your earnings on Upwork to avoid going through any issues moving forward.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
cassajoy
Community Member

I've been noticing that the confirmation arrives right away, but the payment has been taking a day or so for the bank to receive it - at least in my experience. Hopefully, someone has a better solution or information for you.

Thanks cassidy, but what should i do to help solve the problem? and where else should I contact or confirm to follow up this problem? 🙏

Yes, well you are in the right place to contact and follow up with the problem. The moderators view the forums and so do experienced and knowledgable freelancers.

I clicked 'get paid now' yesterday evening as well, and I am thinking I will receive payment overnight or by tomorrow.

When did you add your teammate's bank information? If you added it for the first time yesterday evening, it may take a little time to verify.

I'm adding my teammate's bank information at 13 March 2022. Hopefully there's no problem with that because i'm kinda worry for if it's considered as suspicious activity because of the difference in the name of the upwork account and bank account, but the truth is that my friend and I are in the same company, namely Kalos Agency and we're also in the same region in Indonesia.

I see. While I can't help with that, I notified a moderator so that they can help you.

All I can add, is I read somewhere on Upwork that it can take up to three days after adding bank information for it to be available. That is good to keep in mind.

yofazza
Community Member

You requested withdrawal on March 16.

There should be two notifications after that:

1. About the withdrawal request.
  2. When the request is processed.

After notification #2, from my experience, fund will be available in BCA before 24 hours during work days.

Withdraw on Friday afternoon, it'll be available on Monday.

During work days: I was once withdraw in the morning and it's received at around 1 pm.

Hanom Yoga B wrote:

what should i do to help solve the problem

I see no problem since it's only a day. Upwork state that this direct-to-bank transfer could take (IIRC) 5 days so we can't call it a problem before that.

If there's problem, fund will be returned to the account.

Cassidy D wrote:

When did you add your teammate's bank information? If you added it for the first time yesterday evening, it may take a little time to verify

Missed that. Yes I believe you'll need to wait until the payment method is active first.

864c2f55
Community Member

Thanks for your response. Yes mates, i'm receiving the assignment of 'Get Paid Now' after i clicked the button 'Get Paid Now' and the next, i'm getting a 'Withdraw Confirmation' form, and then i'm receiving the invoice evidence of withdrawal transaction on PDF format from upwork.

For the notes, i'm adding my teammate's bank information at 13 March 2022.

Hopefully there's no problem with that because i'm kinda worry for if it's considered as suspicious activity because of the difference in the name of the upwork account and bank account, but the truth is that my friend and I are in the same company, namely Kalos Agency and we're also in the same region in Indonesia.

yofazza
Community Member

From the Help: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063888-Direct-to-Local-Bank#:~:text=Check%20that%20t....

• Check that the name on your bank account matches your verified name on Upwork. If your payment method was flagged for a name mismatch, please contact support to resolve the issue or add a new payment method.

I believe you haven't received Notification #2 yet? Something like Your payment on 16-Mar-2022 has been processed?

I believe you'll need to resolve the name mismatch problem with the mods first.

It's good actually, because if the problem is after the payment is processed, it'll take a much longer time for the fund to return to your account, and most likely there'll be some additional fees for the failed payment.

864c2f55
Community Member

Therefore,  if the problem is due to the name mismatch, what should i do to help solve the problem? There are has real customer service? Because i'm just getting this article when i'm sending the problem through the 'get support', where else should I contact or confirm to follow up this problem? Please, i can to resolve anything error or not match soon if there are real response and will help the problem immediately

yofazza
Community Member

You can contact support, although from what I see it's not the fastest way to get help. There are things that can only be solved by them though.

About the name mismatch. As mod Avery O said, you should use your own bank account. Is there a specific reason on why you need to use your friend's?

864c2f55
Community Member

Thanks for your response mates, i'm using my teammates because the payment will used for the operational of our company, but on early, we're running works with our own name. So, we'll resolve and revise the new updates and one centre profile to better works.

864c2f55
Community Member

Hello radia, i'm sorry i'll asking again about the notification 2, when it's notifiaction will appearing?

yofazza
Community Member

You can refer to this Post above:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/I-haven-t-received-my-payment-yet/m-p/1039748/highlight/...

Remember it's a scenario where there's no problem with your bank account.

So you need to sort that problem first (if you haven't).

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hanom, 

You will need to add a payment method where you are listed as an account holder. If you're using your friend's bank account, and you are not listed as a joint account holder on your friend's bank account, your withdrawal will be rejected for a name mismatch. I can confirm that your recent withdrawal was refunded to your bank account because the bank rejected it. Please ensure that you only add a payment method where you are the listed account holder. 

I recommend that you remove your friend's payment method from your account and use your account to withdraw your earnings on Upwork to avoid going through any issues moving forward.

~ Avery
Upwork
864c2f55
Community Member

Thanks a lot for your response madam, i've removing my friends bank account and did i should do to next about to get the payment? and i'll asking about your statement that 'I can confirm that your recent withdrawal was refunded to your bank account because the bank rejected' means to what? it I'm sorry before madam, because the payment also will use to my team madam. Thanks for your response. I hope the problem would solved as soon as possible.

yofazza
Community Member

did i should do to next

After removing the friend's account, add your own account (I assume your bank account has the exact same account name with your name in Upwork?).

means to what

I'm no mod, but looking at it, seems like the payment is processed by Upwork already (sent to BCA), and then rejected. So you'll need to wait until the money's back (to your Upwork balance) and reinitiate the withdrawal (to your own bank account this time).

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members