🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I'm having trouble with a client over a fixed...
Page options
geupper
Community Member

I'm having trouble with a client over a fixed-price contract. I want to be prepared for the worse.

Hello, thanks for reading!

So I'm having trouble with this client. Its over a small amount of money (Only two digits) but in my country this amount its very valuable, so I'm worried.

This client asked me to do a web scraping service for him. I followed his tasks with specifity and asked a lot of questions, afterwards, he sent me the contract. Today, I returned the work for him, earlier than the time we agreed on. He's telling me that the results are not what he wanted, as he wanted more items that I'm offering him.

I'm explaining to him that under the queries he told me to scrape, it was impossible to get more data than the one I got, and showed him factual proof about this. I also remarked the exact words he told me to explain the tasks he wanted done. He's not responding. Basically, he didn't know what he wanted nor what he was asking for.

This is the first time I have trouble with a client, and I'm worried, as I don't want to lose the money nor the time invested in this project. If he refuses to pay, what should I do to receive the money I worked for?

Thanks in advance!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "He's not responding."

Stop trying to communicate with him.

If you have done the work as far as it is possible to do, then use the "Send Work / Request Payment" button.

if he doesn't respond, then you will be paid automatically.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "He's not responding."

Stop trying to communicate with him.

If you have done the work as far as it is possible to do, then use the "Send Work / Request Payment" button.

if he doesn't respond, then you will be paid automatically.

Thanks Preston! That's exactly what I did.

Kudos for that clean profile picture

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members