🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I'm really worried
Page options
8eb0b816
Community Member

I'm really worried

Hello, 
I have worked with one project from brute client.
He has bad review record.
Of course, as a client, he received good review from freelancers, But he gave all the freelancer bad and poor review.
I think this is my critical mistake working with him.
He has a tighter budget and more demands.
He also harasses developers with job success scores and reviews. He is well aware of the concerns of developers and is famous for his sophistication in stimulating the minds of developers.
For example, he uses the following method: “Artem, either send me the files to test or not. I’ll hire someone else.”
How I can solve this problem?
I have completed his requirements without any bug or any errors.
I 'm really worry.
How he give me bad review?
As I see, he regards entertainment giving wrong review to freelancers.
Is there any way to waste these clients on upwork?
This is his project.
I don't want to have a mistake in my career because of these clients.
Thank you for your attention.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
7bd1d7f2
Community Member

Do not worry. Keep all the evidence. Screenshot if necessary. Keep written communication as much possible, in order to accumulate more evidence that you are working correctly. Report him with basis. Next time it is better to not accept any work from him. You do not deserve to work like that.

Finally take it as a learning experience. 

Take care!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
tgcodes
Community Member

You don't have to worry, keep applying and improving yourself. You know yourself more than the client does. you will get better clients that are empathetic and folks that will give you better review 

8eb0b816
Community Member

Thank you your good reply

tjmisny
Community Member

It's always the cheapest clients that give the most unfair reviews... a good rule of thumb is to avoid cheap, exploitative clients.  It's tough because that's a large amount of job postings on Upwork these days.

8eb0b816
Community Member

Thank you your good advice.

tgcodes
Community Member

Exactly. The cheapest clients do this a lot. I once had an experience where I was asked to work on 4 tasks, I ended up working on 30 tasks and still got a bad review. 

7bd1d7f2
Community Member

Do not worry. Keep all the evidence. Screenshot if necessary. Keep written communication as much possible, in order to accumulate more evidence that you are working correctly. Report him with basis. Next time it is better to not accept any work from him. You do not deserve to work like that.

Finally take it as a learning experience. 

Take care!

Thank you for your help.
I'll do your advice.
Thank you for your true help.🙂

2297e2bc
Community Member

As with E-bay - I let the buyer feedback first. if they blast me - I lightly blast back but also explain the bad experience.
I fthey do not feedback in a reasonable time - I wait about 2-3 weeks - then give them a marginal feedback.

The unfortunate thing about feedback, if an Amazon purchase or  E-bay, Etsy WHATEVER, they are usually not truyely honest from either side of the river. WE need a better review system. While it may cost more, I vote for a PIER network to 3rd paty review transactions and let THEM make the scores......Just like your CREDIT REPORT!

You can't 'let the buyer feedback first' and then respond accordingly. It's a double-blind system. You can't see what feedback has been left until you leave feedback, and you only have 14 days to do so.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members