🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Identity Verification
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424

Hi Mohsen,

One of our agents has already followed up with you regarding your verification. You may want to consider referring to your support ticket with them for more information on how to proceed.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c009817c
Community Member

I am asked to verify my identity within 18th of january. I have submitted my documents 3 to 4 days ago but it's still pending. I am left with only 2 days.Please help

Hi Abdur,

I've shared your concern with the team and we'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
sagno
Community Member

hello i am a freelancer on upwork and i just recently got my first job and i need to verify my identitiy with my ID card but sadly i dont have it yet its gonna be made in 10 days so i dont know what to do can upwork mod help me or someone who know how to contact support

thanks

andrew.

Hi Andrew,

Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Unfortunately, we're unable to move the 7-day deadline. If you're unable to verify before this, your account will be placed on hold. That said, the hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts. Once you successfully pass the verification process, this hold will be removed. Learn more here.

~Andrea
Upwork
sagno
Community Member

Thanks its unfortunate that my account will be placed on hold but thanks
for the reply.

Andrew.
c1b9b2d7
Community Member

ID Verification is in pending around 3 days ago I applied for verification

can anyone tell me how much time it will take.

Did you submit your original documents?

Yes, I give them Picture of ID card issued by Government

hope it will be verified soon.

sure, thank you for taking the time

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdur Rehman,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
f5e7909f
Community Member

Hi there!
I recently registered my account and it was confirmed.
I want to pass video verification and don't know how to do it.
I have not received a letter from the staff.
There is no Identity Verification option in my account settings,
how can I verify my photo using the webcam and who can I contact for a video call?
Thanks in advance.

Don't worry about it until upwork requests you to do it. 

Hi Marina G, Your account has not been verified yet. Can you give your data ID Card to Upwork? If you give then wait you will get verified within 3 working days. when your account is verified you get an email and a blue tick on your Upwork profile. like this Screenshot 2022-01-18 222550.png

Please stop. 

ok sorry if I wrong

please explain what is Identity verification and what is account approval?

It is not entirely clear - should I provide documents (passport)?

Marina G wrote:

It is not entirely clear - should I provide documents (passport)?

No. You don't have to do anything until upwork asks you. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marina,

Once you become eligible for this badge, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
a5b2625b
Community Member

Need help regarding, when I upload my ID card pics to verify my account it pops up this message saying that "we could not verify your ID" 

id card picture should be cleared and matched the information with your Upwork account.

All the information is legit and the picture of id is current to its
pixels. but still it dsnt wok

Hi Waqas,

Are you receiving any errors on your end? If yes, please share the text of the error. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Waqas,

You can check this help article for more information about the acceptable forms of ID and tips for taking a photo of it. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
bb6f48c7
Community Member

is this a real person?

Hi Kit,

I checked and it looks like you have been requested to complete the ID verification process. You can follow the steps to complete this by clicking on the option to Get Started once you log in to your account. Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
0f8bb22c
Community Member

Hi all.

I am trying to get an ID Verification Badge. But Identity Verification in my Settings can not work properly. I got warnings "This page doesn't exist Please return to the previous page, or visit our home page. .."

Could you please help me to fix it?

Thanks in advance. 

Hi Emre,

I would like to confirm that everything is working as designed. At the moment, you don't have any pending verifications. Once you're required to verify your profile our team will reach out to you directly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks, Goran.

Actually, I can not apply to verify my ID. Because the link is not found when I click it. 
I have tried different browsers to fix it. But it didn't work. 
Is there any other way to get this badge?

Thanks.

Hi Emre,

Freelancers can't request a verification from their end. Once you're required to verify your profile you will be able to open the page and submit your ID. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
egidalfd
Community Member

Im Greek and it seems the identity verification doesnt work. what should i do? I tried to many times and it say that my account will get hold in 6 days

Hi Nikolas,

It looks like you were already able to upload your documents, could you please confirm if you're having any issues with visual verification? If so, please send more details about the issue so we could help. 

~Andrea
Upwork
egidalfd
Community Member

yeah when i upload the image of my Id its just dont recognise it. and say that my acount will get hold in 6 days.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nikolas,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
egidalfd
Community Member

still doesnt work, Greek Id have 2 sides. i cant verify my id what im going to do??

egidalfd
Community Member

still doesnt work, Greek id have 2 sides. i will lose my client if this is not fixed in 5 days!

Hi Nikolas,

It does look like our team has reached out to you directly via support ticket regarding your ID submission. Please refer to your ticket here and feel free to reply to the team if you have any further questions. You can always reply from the notification sent to your email address.

~Andrea
Upwork
egidalfd
Community Member

I realised that my user id is my "art nickname" maybe thats the problem?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths