🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: My account was suspend with no notice fro...
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424
tammytac
Community Member

Hello!

I need assistance. I would like to verify my account unfortunately there's no option or way for me to verify myself. The only verification I see on my profile is if I am a veteran but I am not. Is it necessary for newbies to have the badge or is it fine if I don't have it and just submit proposals?

Thank you!

Hi Tara,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~Andrea
Upwork
791c062f
Community Member

Dear Support Team,

Good day to you.

Here is My Upwork profile Link:

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~013f00ec1cb6eb0408

Kindly inform me,

1) I need to know about my Upwork Profile Confirmation.

2) In my profile i can see only Military Veteran Verfication  (Image Attached).

I want to verify my National ID card verification.

Please need your support.

Regards,

Hasnat Al Mojib

Hi Hasnat,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~Andrea
Upwork
asad_technest
Community Member

I am trying to verify my identity by January 27, 2022. I uploaded my ID card but the box appeared saying "could not verify identity try again". Now it's showing that "we are reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1 business day". It hasn't been solved yet. I need to verify my identity as soon as possible before January 27, 2022. Please help! Thank You

bfeb91b2
Community Member

I have a notice that I need to verify my ID within 7 days but when I attempt to do it my government issued ID card gets rejected with a "please provide a valid document". So I'm stuck and the help auto-reply system is no help.

Hi Jan,

I checked and it looks like you have already submitted your ID for verification. Please allow time for the verification team to review. If they require more information from you, they will reach out to you directly. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
asad_technest
Community Member

I am trying to verify my identity before January 27, 2022, as Upwork has recommended doing so. I uploaded my ID card but the box appeared saying "could not verify identity try again". Now it's showing that "we are reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1 business day". It hasn't been solved yet. I need to verify my identity as soon as possible before January 27. Please help! Thank You

Thanks for submitting the required documents, Muhammad. Please allow time for the team to review it and if in case they need additional information, they will reach out to you directly. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
5ab74ed8
Community Member

I've submitted a verification request yesterday (more than 24h) and today it said that I need to change the profile photo, I did it and when I got to verification page in ID field it said that I need to submit another one, I did it and now I'm waiting. Why would that happen, did I do something wrong with first request? 

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
5d0d356a
Community Member

I am afraid about ID verification. Is it too tough?

Hi Khadiza,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You should not be afraid of ID verification. If you are eligible/required, you’ll be notified upon log in to complete the verification process by uploading a non-expired government-issued photo ID and meeting with us for visual verification. After we’ve confirmed your identity, the new badge will be displayed on your profile.

You can find more information here. Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
fbedfaa7
Community Member

Hi Upwork Comunity,

I Upload Goverment verfied Passport for verification and I did not get Verification budge. I want help, can anyone know that when did i get verification budge?

Thanks

Hi Toqeer,

Your verification is still in progress. Please allow more time for the team to review your submission, they'll let you know if any additional steps are required from you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cardoso_taylor
Community Member

My account has been suspended following a dispute that ended, and I was never notified. In summary, I entered a deal, and the requested work after agreeing was different than the posting, I felt unconfortable with the newly requested subject matter, and the contract was ended. Upwork awarded me what I was owed, and also returned the money that was escrow to the client.  I have still not recieved the money from escrow or heard from Upwork on the matter. I don't know who to contact or how to fix this issue. It just says: account suspened, contact customer support. It has no further information.

Perhaps it is a different issue -- such as a problem with your photograph or such.

Janean L wrote:

Perhaps it is a different issue -- such as a problem with your photograph or such.

Yep, OP, you need to use your own photo. That photo is a particular model, and if that's you that's fine, but you do need to have the ID verification done. 🙂 Good luck!

Thank you for your response! My icon is an actual photo of me! Maybe I need to change it to something with brighter lighting.

Maybe I need a photo with better lighting, it is a bit dim. Thank you for your response!

Taylor C wrote:
Maybe I need a photo with better lighting, it is a bit dim. Thank you for your response!

What you need to do, according to what Avery has said, is to do the ID verification per the ticket they sent you. You need to match up your pic with your ID and/or do whatever verification is still missing from the sign up process. 🙂

A new pic won't help unless the ticket says "we've verified that this is you, but the image is too dark to be in accordance with our ToS" or whatever. So just follow whatever instructions were given in the ticket. 

Hi Taylor, 

It looks like the team is requesting that you do an ID verification. You may refer to this support ticket to know how you can complete the verification, and lift the temporary restriction on your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you very much for your help! I will try and do that!
16e1edd2
Community Member

Hi everyone,
I recently signed up for Upwork
I have completed my entire profile but I cannot see the identity verification card, please what should I do!

You may soon get an email from Upwork customer support telling you to verify your identity. 

You'll post them snaps of your ID card/passport and will also get a video confirmation call. 

Until then, enjoy. 

Dear, Upwork email you to verify your idenitity.  You will need to scan two documents  first your ID Card/Passport and then webcamra or mobile camra for your selfie in order to verify your identity. Don't crop, rotate, touch up, adjust colors, or alter the images in any way. ... Upwork will notify you when we complete the review.

Hi, in the profile settings I don't really have "identity verification" and no notification has arrived from Upwork. Maybe there is some error because I filled out 100%

No dear, how long ago did you create the Upwork profile? Upwork, send you an email within a week maybe please wait.  When Upwork sends you an email then you verify. 

d5936afc
Community Member

Good morning! Upwork sent me about 10 days ago a requirement of ID verification. I uploaded my ID (from my country, Ecuador) following all of the requirement as well as the selfie, and got the message "We’re reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1 business day." It's been three days from that message and I'm still not verified.

According to the alert I got, I have only until 25th for verification. What can I do? 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maria, 

Your verification documents were accepted and you now have the Identity Verification Badge on your profile. 

~ Avery
Upwork
b7d8634d
Community Member

Hi, I have uploaded my ID CARD for verification but the facial verification part of it is saying that my camera is inaccessible. My device is working perfectly fine. Help me out. 

Must the ID verification be processed before the facial verification process can work? Plus I just got my first contract after 3 years.🙏

Hi Meputaife,

I can see that you already reached out to our team via ticket. Rest assured, one of our team members will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further directly there. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Okay. Thank you

dc74bd67
Community Member

I Need someone to help me, how to get blue budget verification from upwork system

Hi Mohaniz,

Once you're required to verify your profile our team will reach out to you directly. At the moment, you don't have any pending verifications. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ramonblanco
Community Member

Hello friends, I need help, upwork requires me to verify my identity again. I have tried several times to upload my passport picture to identity verification but does not work for upwork. It is my only ID and its perfectly clear. I dont know what else to do, when I opened the account I uploaded the same picture and it worked. 

Hi Ramon,

I can see you were able to submit your ID. Please allow one business day for the team to review and remember to complete the visual verification as well.

~Andrea
Upwork
b7d8634d
Community Member

Please I need a solution to this ASAP

Find attached within screenshot.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Meputaife,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
b7d8634d
Community Member

I have tried other devices, it is still unable to work. Still facing
technical issues.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths