🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Identity Verification Process
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424
namnhatlt
Community Member

Hello.

I just tried to send ID card but uploaded photo of me by mistake.

Then I tried to go back and tried to upload photo of ID card but the message said it has been under reviewing.

It seems the photo was submitted automatically.

Is it possible to resend the document again?

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nhat,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
b7b70940
Community Member

Hi,

I'm unable to verify my identification. Upwork has asked me to verify it within 7 days. I have got a project in the proceeding, which will be cancelled if it's not verified before due time. Please help me to fix this issue. I've tried multiple times by going in identity verification, but it doesn't work. I will be looking forward to a solution.

Kind regards,

Ahmad

Hi Ahmad,

I'm sorry to hear about that. Could you please share more information about the issue you're having with the verification? Could you please share a screenshot from your end so we can take a look? You can always try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser to see if that helps.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Aleksandar,

Thank you. I tried from another browser. It did work!

mailc1106
Community Member

Hi, I am asked to verify my identity. I have clicked the get started button in the identity verification section but the site said "We are unable to complete ID verification at this time. Please contact support by visiting the Upwork Help Center to resolve this issue". I am very confused right now and my account is on hold so I can't submit any proposals. Please help! 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chi Mai,

I’m sorry to hear you haven’t been able to start the verification process. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or try using Firefox as a browser when you initiate it?

If the issue persists let us know.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
usamajaved_
Community Member

Hi, this is Usama. I'm new on Upwork. When i got my 1st project upwork say to me to verify my Identity. But i'm unable to do that.
How can i do this??

image.png

Hi Usama,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
kittyblossom
Community Member

Hi,

I've had my upwork account since April-2021 and I still haven't gotten any ID verification request. You know I really really need money, so I need to work, but without the ID verification I can't accept any work. Would you please send me the ID verification request very soon?... Otherwise, I might opt for other freelancing services!

Regards,
Nazia

Hi Nazia,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. Only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badge. If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

~ Nikola
Upwork
94a735c3
Community Member

I have an upwork account for 2 month almost but it is not verified yet, and there is no option in my profile to get my profile verified. How can i get my account verified?

hello,

you need to complete your first project. to get invited to verify your account.

Please, did you completed your first project?

Thanks

worldguruweb
Community Member

Hi Community!

My name is shubham and I’m part of Upwork’s. 

I am new in here. Please do check why my id verifications still in review and and visual verification. I am waiting for that when it approved. 

World Guru W wrote:

Please do check why my id verifications still in review and and visual verification

Probably because your ID documents don't say that your name is World Guru... Your profile name must be your real, verifyable name.

World Guru W wrote:

I am waiting for that when it approved. 

It won't be approved without you changing your profile name to your real name.

Hi Shubham,

I see that you already submitted a name change request. Our team will review it and follow up with you within 48 hours.

After that, you can continue with the verification and in case you have any questions about it, I suggest posting them on this support ticket so the team can continue assisting you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
alviibrahim
Community Member

Hello, I have uploaded selfie for visual verfication about 20days ago , they've told me to reupload the image cause it is not clear enough for verification but when I clicked the link it shows this in the image with no upload option which says "We are reviewing your selfie which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day", and now they have put my account on hold and I can't make a proposal and even can't with draw the amount of money present in my Account. What to do?

Hi Ibrahim,

Good news! I followed up with the team about your verification and they were able to resolve the issue. You should be able to see your ID Badge on your profile now.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thanks Mate for helping. Smiley Happy

tomirisnur
Community Member

i got this notification:
Verify your identity by 09/08/2021 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork.
but then they say to contact support:
We are unable to complete ID verification at this time. Please contact support by visiting the Upwork Help Center to resolve this issue Action required

what should I do?

Hi Tomiris,

It looks like you just completed the verification so the notification shouldn't be showing anymore. Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
muzammil_ahmad29
Community Member

I have got my first contract today! But then I saw the banner, making me aware of identity verification. I selected to get started but nothing has happened! I also contacted through a chat bot but couldn't understand anything, also select the get started button from the settings but couldn't. kindly guide me about it.

thanks!

Hi Muzammil,

You should have no issues starting the verification process. To start the verification, you need to go to the Settings > Identity Verification page and click on the green 'Get Started' button. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser to see if that helps? If it doesn't, please share a screenshot from your end so we can take a look.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
muzammil_ahmad29
Community Member

I am trying for the identity verification but it showing like this after hitting the get started button

Hi Muzammil,

Could you please try to start the verification one more time? Let me know if that didn't work so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
valarozachase
Community Member

Hey there, I am a new freelancer to Upwork. I've started getting my first couple of projects and was asked to verify my identity. My only form of identification is a military dependent ID issued by the federal government. I assumed this would be enough for verificiation, however this was rejected during the process.

I am mostly just looking for direction right now on how to get verified with my current identification. I am available to get on a video call to clarifiy my identity anytime, however there doesn't seem to be a readily available option for this. 

Hi Caleb,

Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. Please also check this support ticket where our team shared some info on your ID submission.

~Andrea
Upwork

I see now, apologies for missing that before. Thank you! 

aliraza321
Community Member

I want to verify my Identity but i do not show Identity Verified Option My profile Setting. Please Help me.

For the time being only Upwork can initiate your ID verification. Just try to keep your profile to a 100% and stay with the platform terms while applying to jobs in a good manner, after your first hire that option may be open for you.

cf975c93
Community Member

i want id varification by video chat

Hi Dinumi,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
24e59439
Community Member

Hello!
Why I dont have Identity Verification on my settings?

Hi Genie,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment which is why you don't have the options on your Settings page. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
samparrd
Community Member

Hi Upwork Community,

I verified my identity through government ID and visual verification when I opened my Upwork account last month and I received the identity verified badge. In fact, I can still see the badge in my profile. 

However, today when I tried to submit a proposal, it says "The client won't see your proposal until you verify your identity". Please find the attached screenshot. I clicked the link they provided but it doesn't seem to work.

I was hoping any of you guys know how I can proceed. I'm completely fine to verify my identity again but the link doesn't work.

Thanks in advance!
Hussain

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Update: The issue has resolved automatically

Hi Hussain,

Thanks for posting about the issue being resolved. If there's anything else you need help with, please let us know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
d530e4a1
Community Member

Hello, I'm new to upwork and the problem is I don't have the "Identity Verfication" option on my account.

can you please help me.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Geetha,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment which is why the option isn't available. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
801658dc
Community Member

I don't know why I can't touch the get started button on the verification page it's written "You are unable to complete your identity verification due to your account suspension. Check your email for the status of your After resolving your suspension, come back here to verify your identity. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths