🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » ID verification - Syria is not listed
Page options
5892f392
Community Member

ID verification - Syria is not listed

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Humam,

Thanks for reaching out. The documents we accept include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

To get started on verifying your identity, please go to this page.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
759e32fa

Hi Humam,

Currently, Syria is not available on the list of countries that a user can select because our payment partners don't have options to process payments and disbursements in that country, leaving us with no choice but to remove that from our list of available countries.

This issue has been raised before, however, we don't have an update yet on having the country/state Syria to be listed on the list of countries that a user can select. Hopefully, in the near future, you will be able to as we are constantly evaluating our ability to extend our service to additional locations.

You can check this help article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
5892f392
Community Member

I reside in Egypt and have residency papers

ID verification - Syria is not listed , I reside in Egypt and have residency papers

Hi Humam,

Thanks for reaching out. The documents we accept include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

To get started on verifying your identity, please go to this page.

~ AJ
Upwork

• Hi human, I am also syrian and reside outside syria 
  • Could you solve the problem?

Hi Milo,

I don't see that you are required to complete any verification at this time. Are you referring to an account different from the one you are using to post this?

If you are referring to not being able to select Syria for your profile country, this is not possible because our payment partners do not have options to process payments and disbursements in that country. You should select your country of residence for your profile country. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members