🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Important Message from the Trust and Safety T...
Page options
kheni10002
Community Member

Important Message from the Trust and Safety Team: Sharing Personal Details to get access

Hi Upwork Support Team and Community,

I've been a member of Upwork for over 6 years now, and during this time, I've encountered various client behaviors that present challenges. Some clients expect extensive projects like clones of Amazon or Facebook websites to be completed within a budget as low as $500. Additionally, while some clients advertise hourly rates of $30 to $100 in their job posts, they later offer significantly lower rates of $3 to $5 during discussions. I also notice recently most of clients asking for prior estimation before they get charged. 

Furthermore, there are instances where clients built application using ready made solutions or open-source code for large applications but require minor modifications. It's difficult for us to commit to a contract without first reviewing the existing source code because ready made solution required lot of effort on minor changes or modification. However, when we request access to the source code or website login credentials, clients often ask for email addresses, which we must share before accepting a contract. Additionally, conducting a code review with a client via a screen-sharing call for multiple hours is impractical.

In cases where I accept a contract and later find that the fixed price offered by the client is insufficient to proceed with the job, it negatively impacts my Job Success Score (JSS).

I would appreciate your insights on how to address these challenges effectively.

kheni10002_0-1711687947330.png

0 REPLIES 0
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members