🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is Upwork losing its clients?
Page options
bestcoverdesigns
Community Member

Is Upwork losing its clients?

What's happening with Upwork in 2024?

I checked the stats for January, and they are really bad. I spent 192$ on new proposals. 192 USD in one month only.
I got 0 jobs. ZERO. I got only one 120$ project where I was hired directly, invited by the client. ZERO from the proposals.
It's like I've burned 200 USD for nothing.
Top rated plus badge with 98% JSS, extensive/versatile portfolio and a lot of satisfied clients. What's the logic, I can't see it.  

Am I the only one with this problem, or you have the same problem as well?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
danijel_konatar
Community Member

Hello,

you're not alone, Aleksandar. I'm in the same situation, except you've completed one project, and I haven't completed any. I got one job, but since the client sent me the contract and I accepted it, he hasn't responded to my messages anymore. All of this raises more doubts, and I think it's time for me to leave this platform.

spectralua
Community Member

I said a year ago that Upwork is losing clients. Now Upwork is not losing, there is no one to lose. All clients are gone already.

Bots, scammers and couple of lowballers left. Time to rebrand to Nowork. 😂

marjan22
Community Member

We all have same problem, at least freelancers that dont want to gamble but work, and dont fell like bussinesmen, and thats a lot. Upwork has a few clients left and few real jobs, so we freelncers needs to pay, thru expencive connects,  boosting proposals, boosting profiles, buying this and that. And i guess even that wll be ok if at the end of the day we have a job, instead of satisfaction how many prososals have been viewed.    

nathaly_t
Community Member

I am almost convinced that this is the case, and it is extremely strange. If you check the job feed for Python (I am a developer) or the "Most Recent" tab, the 10th job in the list (which is still the first page on a mobile phone) could have been published hours ago. This is completely new to me, as I still remember the time when Upwork was saturated with proposals. The worst part is that I can count on my hands how many of those jobs have ever hired someone on the platform, resulting in a decent hiring rate (> 70%). It is sad, but it has become increasingly difficult to find a contract there, and I think we all know that a good part of it is Upwork's fault. 

ce12c9e2
Community Member

-

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members