🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is it recommended to work for non-funded/unac...
Page options
nyonomega0
Community Member

Is it recommended to work for non-funded/unactivated milestones?

Hi,

I'm currently working on a contract that will have multiple milestones going ahead.

For my current undertakings, I had to write 7 contents, for which I have already completed and submitted 6 of them. There were 3 milestones for these contents but only one was funded and activated ($45).

My question here is that is it recommended to work for non-funded/unactivated milestones? If not, should I ask the client to activate milestones before starting working on them?

Thank You.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Sushant B wrote:

My question here is that is it recommended to work for non-funded/unactivated milestones?

No. Complete the milestone and don't work on the next one until it is funded and active.

Sushant B wrote:

If not, should I ask the client to activate milestones before starting working on them?

Of course. When you submit milestone 1, tell the client that you look forward to working on the next one as soon as the milestone is activated.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Sushant B wrote:

My question here is that is it recommended to work for non-funded/unactivated milestones?

No. Complete the milestone and don't work on the next one until it is funded and active.

Sushant B wrote:

If not, should I ask the client to activate milestones before starting working on them?

Of course. When you submit milestone 1, tell the client that you look forward to working on the next one as soon as the milestone is activated.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Sushant,

If you want to improve your chances of getting paid by a fixed price client you shouldn't work on any project's milestone until:

1) The Upwork project page indicates the milestone is fully funded, and...

2) All of the project's previous escrowed milestones have been released by the client or Upwork (after 14 days of submission) for payment to you.

If you submit work on an unfunded milestone, the client can close the project and keep all work you have submitted to them, whether they paid you in full or not. Any amount in escrow that you have not submitted as completed will also be returned to the client when they close or cancel their project.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members