🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not getting any new invites lately
Page options
luksz
Community Member

Not getting any new invites lately

I used to be spammed with offers unless turned off availability. I don't see availability switch anymore. Nobody wants me anymore or you guys changed something?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Lukasz,

I checked your profile and confirmed that your Availability Badge has been switched off. You may switch the badge off and on as your availability changes by clicking the Pencil Icon here.

Additionally, I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article

Best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ArjayM

Hi Lukasz,

I checked your profile and confirmed that your Availability Badge has been switched off. You may switch the badge off and on as your availability changes by clicking the Pencil Icon here.

Additionally, I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article

Best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
luksz
Community Member

Hey Arjay
So the "I'm available for work" is now a paid status? One could think that if upwork gets 10% cut of my pay it would care more for me to have one. Strong Elon vibes right here.

Thanks for your time.

Thank you for your response Luckasz,

That is correct! Turning on the Availability Badge is a way to use your Connects to control your workflow and manage your time. We totally understand your concern about this feature and we truly appreciate your feedback.

However, please be aware that you can always turn the badge off at any time if you don’t need it, so you will only spend when you would like to take on more work.

~ Arjay
Upwork
jessethebuilder
Community Member

Upwork is now charging for you to mark your profile as avaialbe. If that's not a dead platform chasing revenue, I don't know what is.

Last time I've checked it was more of a monopoly

I am hoping there is another freelancer portal out there. This isn't the first time a service like this has died. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members