🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Portfolio Images are blurry/low quality
Page options
mviesca
Community Member

Portfolio Images are blurry/low quality

Hey there, 

I'm encountering a frustrating issue with my Profile images. I've exported my Profile imges at the highest quality/resolutions and when I open the image file on my computer- it looks nice and crisp, but when I upload to Upwork - it looks low quality. Anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this?

The image I upload is 2940 × 2200. 

I will attach screenshots of how it looks on my profile vs how it is supposed to look.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

I want to post an update for those having issues with their portfolio images being cropped or pixelated after uploading. 

Please see some of the tips below: 

• Do not use the gallery template if you don't want the image to be automatically cropped. Use any other template available. 
  • It is advised that the minimum dimensions for images are 400px width by 300px height. However, 1000px width by 750px height is recommended. The maximum limit for images is 4000px width by 4000px height.
  • Attachments can be in .doc, .swf, or .pdf format. The maximum size is 5 MB for the thumbnail and 25 MB for attachments. Images can be in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, or .png format. 

If the issue persists after trying the recommendations above, please send the following by filing a ticket here:

• Video replicating the issue
  • A copy of the photo you are trying to upload. Please provide at least 2-3 pictures if you are uploading several.
  • Also, confirm the template you are using

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

55 REPLIES 55
AndreaG

Hi Melissa,

Could you please try re-uploading your portfolio items? Please keep in mind that 1000px width x 750px height dimensions are recommended, and let us know if an image with those dimensions still looks blurry.

~Andrea
Upwork
mviesca
Community Member

Hi there- I just tried that, and it is still blurry- see attached

mviesca
Community Member

I've seen that many other people in these forums have this same issue. It is of great concern because we rely on these images to be of the best quality, otherwise employers will think it is the freelancer's lack of attention to detail.

I've attached a a post that someone posted a while ago with a potential code issue to look into- perhaps it was never addressed.

Thanks for confirming, Melissa! We'll have someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

I'm having this same issue. Tried all sizes and image formats and still getting blurry images.

Please assist.

Regards,

Tom

Thank you for reaching out to us, Tomasz.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I'm currently facing this issue. The PNG on my computer looks great and as soon as I upload the screenshot to upworks it looks horrible.

Please help.

Regards,

Tom

ef1b0a57
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I'm having this same issue. Tried all sizes and image formats and still getting blurry images.

Please assist.

Hi Yasia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
0fd615e6
Community Member

Hi, I have the same issue. My photos are blurry when I upload them. Tell me what should I do?

Hi Poorva,

Thank you for reaching out. Please try uploading a photo with 1000px width x 750px height dimensions, and let us know if an image with those dimensions still looks blurry.

~ AJ
Upwork
a7f97520
Community Member

I need the same help for my Portfolio images because they are a little blurry too.

Best,

Landon

Hi Landon,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
7c20aa2c
Community Member

Same issue! 

I've downloaded and tried different sizes but for me it's my profile pic. It's still super blurry- like I took it with an old flip phone from the 90s hahaha.

SOS! 

Hi Johnna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share a screenshot from your end so that we can look into this further and assist you accordingly? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
4c989c26
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I'm struggling with the same thing. 4:3 ratio - 600DPI / 300DPI - all comes out looking TERRIBLE.

Hi Greg,

Could you please share a screenshot from your end so that I can look into this further and assist you accordingly? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
4c989c26
Community Member

Hi Nikola, did you see my response?

G

Hi Greg,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
4c989c26
Community Member

Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 20.13.43.png

 Thank you, Nikola. I've tried jpeg, png, exported at every possible quality setting, different sizes. I've published a test image on a website and I can zoom to 175% before it starts degrading. So it is definitely not the image! Thanks in adavan e for your help:) 

15a03cfa
Community Member

Hi Nikola, 
I'm having the same issue with blurry pictures. I already tried to upload different file sizes. But I keep getting the same issue.

Jorn

Hi Jorn,

Could you please try re-uploading your portfolio items? Please keep in mind that 1000px width x 750px height dimensions are recommended, and let us know if an image with those dimensions still looks blurry.

~ AJ
Upwork
bc868f13
Community Member

Hi. I'm facing the same issue. It's very blurry in the overview part. Attaching the original image to compare

bc868f13_0-1678347041626.png

Hi Vladyslav,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I'm having the same issue with a blurry profile picture. Could you please reach out to me with a support ticket as well?

Hi Tova,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I'm having the same issue with a blurry profile photo and I followed the sizing recommendations above. Could someone please send me the solution as well? 

Thank you!

c9631298
Community Member

Hi! Also having this issue and have tried all of the resizing. Can you please help me submit a ticket? 

Thank you!

Hi Aubrey,

I would be happy to help. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
8277f341
Community Member

Has anyone been reached out to with one of these 'support tickets' to solve the problem? 

Hi Gregg,

I've checked the most recent support ticket raised in this thread and confirmed that assistance has been provided accordingly by one of our support team members. Could you please confirm if you need any help with your Upwork account? Is it about your profile photo as well? Let us know, and we'll look into that for you. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8277f341
Community Member

My images all get cropped even when I make them smaller and smaller. They additionally are not crisp. It appears I am certainly not alone in this issue.

Hi Gregg,

I'm responding here on behalf of Arjay. I want to confirm: are you having issues with the images when attaching them to proposals? Could you please share more information?

~ Joanne
Upwork
4c989c26
Community Member

I have given up on this
8277f341
Community Member

The images are all cropped off when I add them to my profile

Hi Gregg,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
8e93ab53
Community Member

Hello, im having the same issue with my portfolio images, perfect before upload, look awful once uploaded. I have tried the 1000x750 "solution" and it doesnt work. 

This issue seems to have been going on for years, surely there is a solution to this by now? Uploaded image attatched for reference. 

Hi Becca,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try to upload your image once again and share the screenshot from your end so that we can look into this further and assist you accordingly? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
celgins
Community Member

Hello Becca,

This may provide little comfort, but when I view your portfolio, I'm not seeing any issues with the quality of your images. When I view the uploaded image in your screenshot, here is what I see:

celgins_0-1701875946383.png

Also, I downloaded the image. The image downloads as a JPG, 1000x747 and 96 dpi. The 96 dpi is a little better than the standard, optimal resolution for on-screen images, which is 72 dpi.

As someone with loads of graphic design and web development experience who has reviewed millions of graphics and images, I wouldn't have a problem with any image in your portfolio. I think they appear just fine.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members