🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Proposal Form Error ("A Cover Letter is Requi...
Page options
gbalend
Community Member

Proposal Form Error ("A Cover Letter is Required.")

I tried to submit a proposal to a job and I keep getting an error stating that "A Cover Letter is Required," despite the fact I have entered in a cover letter (see screenshot).

It's clear there's a bug. This particular form field behaves differently from the others:

1. It doesn't highlight with a green border when moused over.

2. It is unable to be resized when grabbing the bottom right corner.

3. The font looks different from the other fields.

I'm running the latest Chrome browser on Windows, and yes I've tried switching browsers, clearing my cache, and even switching to my Linux computer. I keep having the same issue with this particular job (https://www.upwork.com/ab/proposals/job/~01c62fa0b29947ae1f/apply/#/). 

7 REPLIES 7
JoanneP

Hi Gabriel,

Could you please try to use a different browser or clear your cache and cookies before you retry submitting your proposal? If the issue persists, please let us know so we can check further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
gbalend
Community Member

Can you please read my entire post? I said that I already did that.

1. I tried switching from Chrome to Edge.
  2. I tried clearing my cache.
  3. I tried a completely different computer (Chrome on Linux instead of Chrome or Edge on Windows).

Hi Gabriel,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have exactly the same problem. I get an error message that says a cover letter is required. I have tried inputting the letter from the start to no avail. This is a persistent problem for me. Every second proposal has an error message. 

Thanks

Alice

Hi Alice,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I am also getting same error. Already cleared my cache and switched browser.

Hi Aakash,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members