🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Racist Attack by a Client
Page options
1d213532
Community Member

Racist Attack by a Client

Job Post:  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Initially i applied for this job and then, the client sent out a 6 page form to get all my details. While filling up the form, there was a section which said  **Edited for Community Guidelines** This was attack 1.

I was suspicious and decided to continue. At the end of the form it said i passed the initial assesment and i need to speak with a person sames  **Edited for Community Guidelines** over a Skype call, intially a chat. Now when the person came on skype, he gave me a full length instructions and asked me to answer 4 questions.

It was like:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Then it said to answer the below 4 points

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I started answering point wise, so the answer to first question was given in one comment. The answer to second question in second question. Soon then, he interrupted and started sending me screenshot where all the people answered all 4 answers in on comment only.

Now, if it was a requirement, the client should have specified it likewise that all four answers must be given in one reply only. Nothing, i say nothing like this was mentioned in the instructions. He started saying that i needed babysitting!

Immediately i retaliated saying with all due respect, i know how to attend an interview and not to pass such comments. It is then he added,  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Digital,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had with your client. I would like to confirm that we do not support or allow discrimination based on color, race or national origin.
One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and email as soon as possible to assist you further. I would also like to confirm that our team will investigate the client further and will take proper action immediately. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Question:

If a potential client asks you to fill out a questionnaire, and one of the questions is "What's your nationality?" is that against ToS?

I understand "Where do you live?" for time zone difference purposes, but the first question seems suspect.

Most of the part is deleted or edited for community guidelines.

However, the client wrote it as "Assistant, please cancel this interview, he seems to be showing the INDIAN ATTITUDE"

Is this for you asking nationality????
tlbp
Community Member

Digital P wrote:
Most of the part is deleted or edited for community guidelines.

However, the client wrote it as "Assistant, please cancel this interview, he seems to be showing the INDIAN ATTITUDE"

Is this for you asking nationality????

No that's just a crappy client. They probably should be removed from the platform for being rude. But, on the plus side, you've avoided making a contract with someone that no one should want to work with. Good to find these things out before you accept an offer. 

Be sure to get the client's information to the mods so they can follow up. 

Goran V wrote:

Hi Digital,

Digital?

I don't think his name is Digital.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Yes my name is not Digital, its my freelance alias, I go by Digital Palette services.

My real name is ARNAB SINGHA.

Submitted for name change.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members