Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS got reduced without doing new jobs

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1401 of 1,517

Muhammad Aqeel N wrote:

My client gave me 5 stars on public review but lower ratings in private feedback by mistakeu

No, he didn't do that by mistake.

He left 5 stars as public feedback rather than a lower rating because he, like most clients, is sick and tired of unprofessional and inappropriate freelancers contacting him to discuss feedback and ask for a higher feedback. 

Muhammad Aqeel N wrote:

He did not have an idea of this rating system so he did it randomly. He did'nt mean that. 

Nonsense. He meant it. It is only when you confronted him about it (how inappropriate and unprofessional!!!!!) he said otherwise.

Muhammad Aqeel N wrote:

He can say that to Upwork as well that it was a mistake 

Private feedback can't be changed, to avoid incredibly inappropriate and unprofessional behaviour such as contacting a client about their private feedback being successful.

If I were that client I'd have reported you for feedback manipulation.

audacious201818
Muhammad Aqeel N Member Since: Mar 29, 2021
1402 of 1,517

I am afraid Upwork support is not helpful and super assumptive. I am really disappointed. "We cannot help you in this" that is your most simple answer. Thank You

m_terrazas
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
1403 of 1,517

Muhammad Aqeel N wrote:

I am afraid Upwork support is not helpful and super assumptive. I am really disappointed. "We cannot help you in this" that is your most simple answer. Thank You

If you were TR before, you can use the perk to remove the job. There is a time limit to do so.
And, no matter how much you give it:
- It is not professional to do what you have done.
-The client has not done it because he got confused, he has given you a poor private FB for some reason. If he gave you 5 stars, it was possibly to avoid precisely what you have done.
- They have made it clear to you from the first answer that it is something that cannot be changed.
- Do not do it again, as you have been told, the client can report you.

ETA.- They already told you here. Did you think they were lying to you?

audacious201818
Muhammad Aqeel N Member Since: Mar 29, 2021
1404 of 1,517

What I did and why I did, Is a different story and is totally different from what is being assumed about me here. Anyways, Thank you for the information that its not possible and thats what my question was.( Is there a way? ). Got it now. Thank You again.

akshayshan
Akshay S Member Since: Dec 17, 2018
1405 of 1,517

I was having a JSS of 98%, I haven't been doing any works for two months, but have been responding to Invites. Two inactive hourly jobs were present in the Contracts panel,but there haven't been any updates from the clients for the past 2 months or any reviews done by them.Suddenly my JSS dropped to 96%.Why did it happen?

pradeephele
Pradeep H Moderator Member Since: Jan 11, 2021
1406 of 1,517

Hello Akshay,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the drop in your JSS. We update the score that you see on your profile on a biweekly basis. You may also see your Job Success score change due to the rolling time window over which the score is calculated. Because your score is calculated over multiple time frames and the best score from your 6-month, 12-month, and 24-month JSS displayed, a contract can sometimes slip out of that calculation, causing your score to change significantly without any recent activity. For example, a contract will no longer be counted in your 6-month window once it is 6-months and one day old. 

Thank you.

Pradeep

Untitled
akshayshan
Akshay S Member Since: Dec 17, 2018
1407 of 1,517

But my best JSS was 98% and even after i haven't completed any jobs after at, this week it dropped to 96%. If the best of 6months or 1 year is aken, ssill 98% will be the best out of all those periods right? I am still not getting how it got reduced.

raele
Danilo R Member Since: Oct 2, 2021
1408 of 1,517

Hello!

So, recently I just noticed  that my JSS dropped from 90% to 70%... But why? I've completed all of my jobs successfully and also I had no problems with the clients. What to do if some of them gave me a bad private review with no reason?

Thank you in advance.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1409 of 1,517

Danilo M wrote:

Hello!

So, recently I just noticed  that my JSS dropped from 90% to 70%... But why? I've completed all of my jobs successfully and also I had no problems with the clients. What to do if some of them gave me a bad private review with no reason?

Thank you in advance.

Clients don't give you bad private feedback for no reason. They do so when they are unhappy with some aspect of how things went.

If you think long and hard you may well figure out which client could have been happier and which contract could have gone better.

Any contracts that were cancelled or fully refunded or similar?

raele
Danilo R Member Since: Oct 2, 2021
1410 of 1,517

Thank you for your answer.

No, there isn't any s that were cancelled or fully refunded. I also didn't have any fight or something like that with the clients, also I always say to them that if there are any type of issue, they can tell me. I am always friendly and receptive, I am really not understanding why would someone give me this bad review.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS