🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Regarding Payment method security period
Page options
1d58149e
Community Member

Regarding Payment method security period

Hi,

My name is Saiteja Kolishetti and I have been actively doing contract on upwork for more than 10days. I don't know why it is very disheartening that we cannot reach your support on the app/website(I have been trying to reach for many days).

I have added my bank account as a payment method. Although my client has paid the amount( Since the amount is showing under pending amount). The 'Paid Now' button is still disabled and it says the security period needs to be completed. Can you please let me know how many days it take further as I am in a medical emergency and in need of funds. Please let me know of any issues in the bank account information and help me in this critical situation.

Thanks and Regards,
Saiteja.
1 REPLY 1
PradeepH

Hi Saiteja,

I understand the urgency of your situation and I am sorry to hear about the trouble reaching our support for assistance. I will be happy to assist you here with your concerns. I would like to clarify that the security period on Upwork is a standard process to ensure the safety of transactions for both freelancers and clients.

I checked your account and I see that you are referring to the hourly contract with your client. All hours logged on the hourly contracts are processed as per the weekly billing cycle. If your client has made a manual payment, such as a milestone or bonus, the funds typically become available 5 days after the payment is successfully processed.

If the 'Get Paid now' button is still disabled, it may be due to the earnings not being available yet on your Upwork account. You can check the status of your earnings on the Report page. Feel free to message us if you have further questions. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members