🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Report a manipulative and rude client
Page options
308a9b73
Community Member

Report a manipulative and rude client

I am a newbie here in Upwork and was glad to have my second client after several attempts of trying find a job.
I have been manupilated by a client that is not responding already after I finished the job. When I showed him my work. He requested additional tasks which are not mentioned. I was open to discussion but he was very rude and mean. I was willing to continue working and be a nice person but he obliged me to end me the contract by his rude behaviour. I was so motivated to make him satisfied. I passed the whole day working to solve his issue. 
I really feel frustrated and demotivated.  

Where can I report this client ? 

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
ArjayM

Hi Oussema,

I'm really sorry to learn about this disappointing experience. I can see that you've already communicated with the team and raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

You may want to check this help article and this thread for more information on how to stay safe on Upwork. We also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Oussema, please learn a lesson from this client even if the lesson is to spot a potential problem before it happens. Working with many different people has many challenges and as a Freelancer we have no option other than to adapt. Thanks!

prestonhunter
Community Member

Reporting a client for being "rude" strikes me as irrelevant.

Reporting is only about helping other people. It has nothing to do with helping yourself.

More important than "reporting" a client for rudeness is deciding what YOU will do.

How will YOU handle thr situation? On your own, without needing to contact somebody else, such as Upwork Customer Support.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths