🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: We Want Upwork in Afghanistan!
Page options
khalidaehaab
Community Member

Request to Add Afghanistan as a Supported Country on Upwork

Dear Upwork Team,

I am writing to draw your attention to the tremendous potential of Afghan entrepreneurs and freelancers who are eager to showcase their skills on Upwork. However, due to the lack of a reliable payment solution in the past, they have been unable to fully participate in the platform.

With the introduction of Payoneer, Afghan individuals and business owners can now open an account and carry out borderless transactions. This development presents a significant opportunity for Upwork to tap into a new and highly motivated pool of talent.

Therefore, I would like to request that Upwork considers adding Afghanistan to its list of supported countries. By doing so, you would not only be empowering Afghan entrepreneurs but also expanding your own talent pool and contributing to the growth of the global freelance economy.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I would be grateful if you could kindly forward my message to the appropriate officials at Upwork.

Best regards,

Mohammad Khalid Ibrahimi

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi all,

We appreciate your interest. Currently, we can't provide service in some locations like Afghanistan due to limitations with our payment partners. If the situation changes in the future, we'll make sure to update the Community.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thank you for your feedback, Mohammad, I will share it with our team.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, is it currently possible tp hire an Afghan talent? Was this thing solved? Afghans need jobs more than ever and I want to hire an Afghan talent this time!
Thank you!
Simona

I'm sure Upwork will be available there someday.

But it isn't available there right now.

Upwork doesn't work in Afghanistan right now.

It is not on the list of available countries for which you can do a Location Search.

Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 6.36.49 AM.png

You can, however, search for "Afghanistan" as a general search term, and find the profiles of Afghans who have escaped Afghanistan and now live elsewhere.

Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 6.37.15 AM.png

One wonders if they'll even have access to the internet for much longer.

Wishing all the best to all the innocent people out there. 

One way to look at it:

Upwork is now available as a place to hire freelancers in:

Cambodia

Vietnam

Somalia

Laos

Myanmar

Sudan

Yemen

...and other places where once one might have thought such a thing impossible. So, yes, it is possible for things to get better in Afghanistan as well.

Not solved yet we cant find Afghanistan in list 

Hi all,

We appreciate your interest. Currently, we can't provide service in some locations like Afghanistan due to limitations with our payment partners. If the situation changes in the future, we'll make sure to update the Community.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi

Thousands of talented Afghans are waiting for UpWork to add Afghanistan to their supported countries.

Thousands of Afghans are unemployed now and they need jobs more than ever.

Please add Afghanistan to UpWork supported countries.

We will be thankful 🙏

please, solve this problem ASAP. we need Upwork!

Hi All, 

Currently I am in Pakistan and originaly I am from Afghanistan.

So Can I verify my account with my Afghani Passport?

What is the Problem of Upwork? (it is the problem of Afghanistan Location of Nationality)?

Hi Atiqullah,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

Afghans really to to work in Up work more than anyone so please find a way.

66914b8d
Community Member

Hi there,

There are thousands of potential freelancers in Afghanistan. Please consider activating Upwork in Afghanistan.

Regards,

b9113856
Community Member

Dear members 

I am also interested up work platform from Afghanistan 

I would like to work for  afgahn or international papers work or data please add the country 

448d4b54
Community Member

Hello Sir!

My Name is Yasir Sayedy and i am an Afghan Freelancer , I am living in Afghanistan at the moment

I uploaded My passport ID and it was successfully accepted now i am stucked with the location beacause The location of My passport isn't the same as the location of My account so please add Afghanistan in this platform as soon as posible

Thanks with best Regards ❤️

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members