🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Rising talent? When do I get this?
Page options
gracealtieri
Community Member

Rising talent? When do I get this?

I understand that your JSS doesn't get awarded to you Right away, but the what about the rising talent badge? I had called UpWork about a year ago and spoke with a man that said it's usually after 3 jobs from 3 separate clients. I currently have 2 long term contract (3 jobs total) and increasing earnings; but I am seeing Freelancers with 1 job that already has a rising talent star, why is that?  What else do I have to do?

thaks in advance....

6 REPLIES 6
9b660019
Community Member

Either you were misinformed at the time, or are now misremembering the requirements.

As Rising Talent, you must
  1. Pass the Upwork Readiness Test
  2. Complete your projects on time and as promised
  3. Maintain a 100% complete profile that accurately showcases your skills
  4. Keep your availability status up-to-date
  5. Regularly submit proposals to projects that match your skill set
  6. Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service
  7. Have been active in the past 90 days or joined in the past 30 days

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Become-a-Rising-Talent

If you have not yet completed it, the Upwork Readiness Test is linked under "My Jobs".

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/settings/readiness-test/

I’ve had that done for a year now- so any day ??🙂

In that case I'd suggest reaching out to Upwork support again.

Unfortunately, there's no guarantee that everyone who fulfills the minimum requirements will get the badge, and Upwork won't tell you why you don't qualify.

That’s what I thought I was doing here...

Grace H wrote:
That’s what I thought I was doing here...

While Upwork community managers sometimes respond here, this is primarily for client and freelancers to discuss matters amongst themselves.

Near the bottom of the Upwork support page is a Contact Us section. Type in your question, and after scrolling through a list of suggested answers there will be an option of contact support.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members