🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Should I start Working??
Page options
j_shamnani
Community Member

Should I start Working??

So here it goes...
My client said she has video to be done, which is very long video and it would take like 20 to 30 hours of work. So yesterday i finished editing 70% of video. And later yesterday first she stopped me from working. And said she has been fired or something or lost job like that. Again after sometime she said complete the video, and get it done. Then i texted again so to confirm that it has to be done or not. (Sounds like i am annoying her or like that but you should know that she is very very bad at communication)
I want to make a clarification that she has unverified payment, and haven't started the contract.
This happened about 10 hours ago (yesterday night)
Now when i woke up and i got notified that my proposal has been declined and job has been removed.
Now i have texted and i got no replies whatsoever and it been 10 hours.
Should i complete the video??

Edit: I am familiar with all contract and stuff. But she has told me that she has been cheated and so. So i trusted her and started and she said she would pay and open contract when i am done with video.
And she also said when i completed 70% that she would pay me?
I am confused because of she doesn't know what should be done and also i have wasted my time and got no replies.
Please help me out!.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prachi163
Community Member

You have no obligation to finish this work, no matter what she says about being cheated or fired or both. Unless of course, you want to do be cheated in this deal yourself.

You have already spent hours working on it. Just stop now. Tell her that you sympathize with her, but that you need to have a contract in place with a funded escrow to proceed further. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prachi163
Community Member

You have no obligation to finish this work, no matter what she says about being cheated or fired or both. Unless of course, you want to do be cheated in this deal yourself.

You have already spent hours working on it. Just stop now. Tell her that you sympathize with her, but that you need to have a contract in place with a funded escrow to proceed further. 

Thanks for your generous reply this helped 🙂👌
mtngigi
Community Member

Jay S wrote:
So here it goes...
My client said she has video to be done, which is very long video and it would take like 20 to 30 hours of work. So yesterday i finished editing 70% of video. And later yesterday first she stopped me from working. And said she has been fired or something or lost job like that. Again after sometime she said complete the video, and get it done. Then i texted again so to confirm that it has to be done or not. (Sounds like i am annoying her or like that but you should know that she is very very bad at communication)
I want to make a clarification that she has unverified payment, and haven't started the contract.
This happened about 10 hours ago (yesterday night)
Now when i woke up and i got notified that my proposal has been declined and job has been removed.
Now i have texted and i got no replies whatsoever and it been 10 hours.
Should i complete the video??

Edit: I am familiar with all contract and stuff. But she has told me that she has been cheated and so. So i trusted her and started and she said she would pay and open contract when i am done with video.
And she also said when i completed 70% that she would pay me?
I am confused because of she doesn't know what should be done and also i have wasted my time and got no replies.
Please help me out!.

There's nothing to be done. You're going to have to chalk this up to a learning experience. I'm not sure why you started working without a contract and did so much work. No contract, no verified payment, no money earned. You're dealing with complete strangers who may or may not be honest. This woman obviously wasn't.

Read all available help blogs to learn how to use this site safely, so that you get paid for your work. You won't be getting paid for this work.

prestonhunter
Community Member

No contract = no work

You are not going to get paid for this. Why are you asking if you should finish?

(And this scammer "client" wasn't "fired." She or he is just telling you stuff to trick you into working for free. Although it is possible she is a scammer-farmer and a gig fell through for her.)

I agree With You

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members