🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Suspended account, want to re-open it
Page options
jamalsaleem786
Community Member

Suspended account, want to re-open it

My account is suspended since 2015 I want to work as a freelancer, what should I do? Should I create a new account or you guys re open my current account ?

13 REPLIES 13
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jamal,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I want to know that If I created or have another account on upwork ? I just created this one account which I remembered yet. I want to start proper freelancing through upwork. If I really have any other account on my name or information then It must not be used by me. I want to close my all other account if they are exist in upwork record. I want to continue with my one only account that is on my name. Thank you.

Hi Jamal, 

It looks like you already have an open ticket regarding the same concern. The team handling your case will follow up with you through your support ticket with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
mauy02
Community Member

Me too. Want to re open my account as well. Not even sure how and why it was suspended 😔

Most of the inactive accounts usually get suspended. If you create a
support ticket and talk to the administration they will open it.

Hi Mark,

I'm sorry to hear about your account status. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

My issue started when I suddenly couldnt sign back in to upwork.  So I made another account. Then Finally I was able to get my account back and because I made another account my account got suspended. And If you think I was un hirable. I was hired locally through upwork on a fillm called Rise and Fall. Payment did not go through upwork. Also a music video called All Day Long. People hiring me did not seem to go through the payment procese thru upwork. On any account I have paid for extra proposals, so it os not like I put money into. And FYI there were also scam artist on upwork as well with sending you to other communication sites. Like Trangram or something like that. I prefer more prooof of legitamacy. I have been on another freelancing site where the the person literally stole $1200 through the site itself instead of paying. I think it is bull crap that I was suspended considering I have answered the same type of scams on upwork and never took thier work because of it.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michele, 

I apologize for the delay as our team had to look into this further. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you directly with more information about your concern. 

As a gentle reminder, please note that users cannot offer and accept payments outside of Upwork since this is a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service. It would also be best to visit these articles for more information on how you can keep in line with Upwork's Terms of Service when engaging on the website:

In the meantime, I highly encourage that you read up on the "Safety First!" section of the freelancer resources we have compiled, these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, and these articles for more information about working safely through Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
41255d8a
Community Member

I have created an upwork account but it is got suspended due to some reason but now I want to reopen it and may I comfort the upwork will may will not done any complicated further please suggest me can I reopen my permanantly suspended account.

I beg with folded hands

1fdceb9f
Community Member

My account is suspended i don't why .so please help me how to i reopen my account 

Hi Danish,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
41255d8a
Community Member

I have created an upwork account but it is got suspended due to some reason but now I want to reopen it and may I comfort the upwork team be sure will may will not done any complicated further please suggest me can I reopen my permanantly suspended account.

I beg with folded hands

Hi Rajat,

Can you please click on my name and send me a PM with the registered email address of the account in question? I'd be happy to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members