🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Testimonials
Page options
hamagust
Community Member

Testimonials

Hi, I am new to UpWork, and honoured and happy to be part of this community.

I have worked as a freelancer for a while on other platforms, and this says much about my actual profile and skills... But my profile cannot highlight such experience, because, of course, I am new at Upwork...  So I believe being able to somehow include the feedback (reviews) from the clients from other platforms would be perfect to qualify my profile... I would like to ask which is the best and acceptable way to do so...  

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Tomoe,

We appreciate you reaching out and welcome to Upwork! We know how important it is for you, as a freelancer, to put your best foot forward with potential clients. That’s why we support testimonials, a way to highlight the awesome work you’ve done outside of Upwork with testimonials straight from your clients! When you’ve done a great job, this is a quick, simple way to showcase it, right on your Upwork profile. Please follow these instructions on how to request a testimonial:

1. Go to Settings, then My Profile.
  2. Scroll down to the “Testimonials” section.
  3. Click on “Request a testimonial.”
  4. Enter your client’s contact information, including a link to their LinkedIn account. 

Once you’ve completed your part, we’ll email your request to your client and let you know when we hear back. We wish you the best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

318 REPLIES 318
ArjayM

Hi Tomoe,

We appreciate you reaching out and welcome to Upwork! We know how important it is for you, as a freelancer, to put your best foot forward with potential clients. That’s why we support testimonials, a way to highlight the awesome work you’ve done outside of Upwork with testimonials straight from your clients! When you’ve done a great job, this is a quick, simple way to showcase it, right on your Upwork profile. Please follow these instructions on how to request a testimonial:

4. Enter your client’s contact information, including a link to their LinkedIn account. 

Once you’ve completed your part, we’ll email your request to your client and let you know when we hear back. We wish you the best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
hamagust
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Thank you very much for answering my question. I see this require a LinkedIn account... the platforms I have worked have different policies, and not always I have such contact information... It is allowed/possible to somehow include something like a print screen, a weblink or copy-paste the testimonial? I suppose that's not ideal, but maybe at least a good start until locate the clients and wait until they answer?

Thank you in advance,

kind regards

hi,
I have requested a testimonial to my client and he submitted it, but it been 2 days my testimonial not approved yet.
can i ask for help how much time to require for its approval?

Regards,
Talha Tahir

Hi Talha,

Thank you for your message. Please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
d4ab94a5
Community Member

SO NICE OF YYOU

bb17b585
Community Member

Hey Arjay M!

I reqest 2 testimonials from my clients, they respond to upwork email but still testimonials are not approved by upwork. please review my profile and check for testimonials. Approve them

Hi Ayaz,

I would be happy to help. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola S,

I hope you are doing well. I have two client testimonials that are pending approval. I saw the message that says you will email me when they are approved, but I was wondering if you could expedite the process. I would really appreciate it if you could review them and approve them as soon as possible.

Thanks 😊

de223207
Community Member

Hi, I need help with my testimonial.
Why the testimony not showing in my profile, It's been pending for almost 1 week. Can you please review my profile and approve them, please??

Hi Achmad,

I understand that you're eager to have your testimonials on your profile. Note that it can take up to 10 business days for the testimonials to be reviewed and become visible on your profile.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi, I requested a testimonial from a client in the past and it was approved in a day. However, its been more than ten days but my another testimonial has not showed up on my profile. Pls help.

Hi Sarmad Wali,

I looked closer and confirmed that your testimonial requests were sent to your past clients. The team handling the review is now waiting for the client's response. We'll surely let you know when we hear back.

Please know that It takes time for our team to process and validate every request, so you may have to wait a few days for the testimonial to display on your profile. We seek your patience and utmost understanding. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
f5493f69
Community Member

There is no Testimonial Section 

f5493f69
Community Member

found it

mwiwoh
Community Member

Hi,

Need your help please, I requested testinonial from my past clients outside Upwork and I'm not sure if they already gave one. There's a question mark icon and says "We'll email you as soon as your testimonial is approved", does this mean they already provided one but just waiting for Upwork's approval? 

Sorry I know my account is old, I'm just starting to utilize my account and ask testimonials from my past clients in a corpo world. 

Thanks in advance! 

Hi Melanie,

For the ones that show that message, it means that the person you sent the request to has responded, and it's under review internally before being visible on your profile. That said, I can see those were submitted on November 13; I've followed up with the team so they can share an update with you as soon as possible regarding the status of your requests.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

and can you tell me where i got this information from the email their LinkedIn information ..as if there are not even on these platforms how does that work ..ect my last client i cant find the business email 

regards p sheriff

Hi Paul,

I'm not sure I understand your question. Would you mind clarifying what you need assistance with?

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi ok I'm trying to get feedback from a client..how do I get there information you want there busines email how to I get that ..and if there are not on LinkedIn in how do I get that information..this is all the questions I have to fill in to ask them for feed back 

Hi Paul,

Yes, your client needs to have a LinkedIn profile to request a Testimonial. You can refer to this help page for more information. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
3d319b09
Community Member

I've encountered an issue regarding testimonial requests on the platform. Despite my clients having submitted their testimonials, the requests remain stuck in pending status on my account.

I've double-checked with my clients, and they've confirmed that they have written their testimonials. However, when I log into my account, the status of these testimonial requests remains unchanged.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, were you able to find a resolution? I would greatly appreciate any insights or advice on how to address this issue.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi Mohammad,

I would like to clarifyu that it takes time for our team to process and validate every request, so you may have to wait a few days for the testimonial to display on your profile. If your request is still pending after this week please follow up with us here and we'll be happy to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e5a114ba
Community Member

I just finished a job for someone I met on the Goodreads forums, but am looking for a way the author can leave feedback for me if this is possible when they haven't posted a job here. Thank you!

Hi Erin,

An outside client can't leave feedback that's visible on your Work History. However, a way in which they can share their experience working with you is by providing a Testimonial. You may want to visit this help article to learn more about how Testimonials work and how you can request one from your client.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ffb3d4b8
Community Member

Good day, I have been trying to add my past client's company linkedin link for a testimonial on upwork, He's the CEO of the company of which i have been adding the link But it's coming up as an invalid link, Please help me in this regard, Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

Hi Ibtisam,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
712e590b
Community Member

Hello, I used to work as in-house designer in agency and curious if it's ethical to ask clients of that agency to whom I worked with to leave teastimonials for me on LinkedIn. Does anyone had such an experience? What can be the best way to get testimonials for non-freelancer?

Hi Nikita, 

We surely support testimonials for you to highlight the awesome work you’ve done outside of Upwork with testimonials straight from your clients. All you need to do is:

Once you’ve completed your part, we’ll email your request to your client and let you know when we hear back. Feel free to check this help article for more details about testimonials.

~ Arjay
Upwork
712e590b
Community Member

Arjay, thank you for reply, this is the feature I'd like to use. However before doing that I want to check with you or other community members if it's a common practice. I concern if it's fair to my employer because I performed the work being an employee of the agency and client give me the personal testimonial.

gokulnathforu
Community Member

One of my client gave me a Testimonial but its shows a question mark from the past 3 days. He gave me on 20th May.
Please help me. 

Hi Gokul,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. Thanks!

~ Nikola
Upwork
syed2k21
Community Member

How can i get non upwork clients (but linkedin have ) testmonial ?

Hi Md Abu,

Thank you for your message. Yes, you can request testimonials from a Non-Upwork client. Here's the link for more information.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
e3c07747
Community Member

hi, i was trying to add my direct clients linked in profile for my Testimonials, but it says invalid linked profile, my clients linked in profile is valid, please help me to solve my issue thanks

Hi Jahid,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
kescoperkins
Community Member

I want to ask a few clients to write  a testimonial or review on my work, however, I find that if I don't fill out the "Linkdin link" when I'm entering their information,  it doeant allowme request one. How about for those clients who don't have a Linkdin account?

Hi Karla,

Clients need to have a LinkedIn profile so that they can share their testimonials. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
tkgnewseed
Community Member

I am trying to update my profile and within the profile there is a section that allows you to send a request to the client asking them to provide a short testimonial.  However, one of the fields is required to enter the client's LinkedIn info. However, the client does not have an account with LinkedIn.  Since I cannot request a review, what do you do? What's the alternative other than give a client 5 start rating when the job is complete only that they did not respond?

Hi Eddie,

Thank you for your message. Please note that your client needs to have a LinkedIn profile. They are required to have a LinkedIn account for their testimonials to get approved. The Work History section of your profile reflects your experience with Upwork clients and the Testimonials section is intended to reflect your experience with clients outside of Upwork. That said, you have the option to request testimonials from clients you've worked with on Upwork. You can check this help article to be more acquainted with how the procedures work.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths