🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: testimonial
Page options
hamagust
Community Member

Testimonials

Hi, I am new to UpWork, and honoured and happy to be part of this community.

I have worked as a freelancer for a while on other platforms, and this says much about my actual profile and skills... But my profile cannot highlight such experience, because, of course, I am new at Upwork...  So I believe being able to somehow include the feedback (reviews) from the clients from other platforms would be perfect to qualify my profile... I would like to ask which is the best and acceptable way to do so...  

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Tomoe,

We appreciate you reaching out and welcome to Upwork! We know how important it is for you, as a freelancer, to put your best foot forward with potential clients. That’s why we support testimonials, a way to highlight the awesome work you’ve done outside of Upwork with testimonials straight from your clients! When you’ve done a great job, this is a quick, simple way to showcase it, right on your Upwork profile. Please follow these instructions on how to request a testimonial:

1. Go to Settings, then My Profile.
  2. Scroll down to the “Testimonials” section.
  3. Click on “Request a testimonial.”
  4. Enter your client’s contact information, including a link to their LinkedIn account. 

Once you’ve completed your part, we’ll email your request to your client and let you know when we hear back. We wish you the best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

318 REPLIES 318

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It takes time for our team to process and validate every request, so you may have to wait a few days for the testimonial to display on your profile. You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
41329ea2
Community Member

Thank you Nikola,

The testimonials reflected just few moments after your response.

Weldone !

bcfc589f
Community Member

Hi Nikola S, I'm having the same problem here, even testimonials that have been approved by my past clients have not been seen on my profile and it's been 4 days. please give attention to my problem!

Ss 2023-03-07.jpeg

Thank's

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Teuku, 

I checked your account and can see that most of the testimonials you requested are awaiting feedback from your client. There's one testimonial that's currently lined up for review in the team's queue. If you don't hear back within 48 to 72-hours, let us kno wand we'll follow up with the team for you.

~ Avery
Upwork
bcfc589f
Community Member

Hi Avery,
After more than 7 days, 1 testimonial from my past client is still pending. 
Can you or your team follow up on this? Please!

Thank you

Hi Teuku,

Please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. 

~Andrea
Upwork
bcfc589f
Community Member

Hi Andrea.
I'm sure that it's been 10 days, but I still haven't found any testimonials from my past client on my profile. Please, what should I do?

Thank you for your answer, this has brought me a clear explanation. 

naveelshehzad
Community Member

I need help regarding Upwork client testimonials in my profile. I want to add a client testimonial to my profile. To add a testimonial to my profile client's business E-mail and LinkedIn profile are required. Can I ask him for a business e-mail and his LinkedIn profile in the Contract chat???

Hi Naveel,

If you have a contract with the client then, yes! Please remember that you can't share contact information with the client before a contract is in place.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank You.

abid_graphics
Community Member

Hi Upwork Communtiy!

I am just curious about how to get a testimonial from a client for which you worked on Upwork. Is this legal to get email and linkedin profile from the client in Upwork message room to request a testimonial even if your contract is closed now?

Any response will be appreciated. Thank you. 

Regards

Muhammad Hamza Abid

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Testimonials are to highlight the work you’ve done outside of Upwork. If you are referring to clients whom you've worked with in Upwork, their testimonials are in the form of "Feedback." They only have fourteen days from the time contract ended to leave you feedback until this option disappears.

You can check this article for more information about Testimonials.

~ AJ
Upwork
fectofied
Community Member

Hi. I send someone a testimonial request a long time ago.  But due to putting the wrong email address this is still pending. I want to remove it.

Hello Abrar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3b408a84
Community Member

My customer made a testimonial. How long will it take to display it on my profile?

Thanks.

It's permanent.

Probably, my question is not clearly described. My customer informed me that he finished it. But I saw it is still pending.

How long will it be approved by Upwork? Thanks.

Hopefully, it take 24 hours.

Hi Yoyo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It takes time for our team to process and validate every request, so you may have to wait a few days for the testimonial to display on your profile. Please check this article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork

okay, I will wait. Thanks.

You're welcome YOYO.

anamulk89
Community Member

I requested to get testimonial from my previous client that was 5th March, he give me today but it is still pending.

Same here. I have two testimonials pending. One is over 10 days old, the other was sent the 9th this month so it's still on the 10th work day frame for review.

Didn't got any mail from UW (checked the spam folder).

Althougth i've noticed that sometmes this issues may be related to the emails adresses, it would help to know the problem in order to correct it, and get in touch with the client if needed.

I've got a evaluation on the 23rd and it would help to have does testimonials...

Hi Marco,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. Please know that to ensure trust and quality in our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients when we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. However, I've checked and can confirm that most of your Testimonials have been sent and just waiting for a response from the client. With that said, it takes time for our team to process and validate every request, so you may have to wait a few days for the testimonial to display on your profile. 

Feel free to check this help article to learn more. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thanks for the reply Arjay.

Today i've checked and one of the pending testimonials was published.

Completly agree that all of them must be verified and that takes time.

Nevertheless i trust all you guys and that you know what you're doing. No stress!!

All the best and thanks again for the reply.

3b408a84
Community Member

My customer wrote testimonial one week ago, it is still pending, when it will be released? Thanks.

Hi Yoyo,

Thank you for your message. The testimonial will be reviewed within 10 days from the date the CL submits their testimonial.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks for your clarification! 

87d5677d
Community Member

Dear Sir

I had requested a Testimonial to my Client, in which my Client submitted the following on 16.03.2023.

But, even till now, I havenot received the Testimonial, Approved & Verified by upwork Team, so that it can be in public, in my profile for, Clients.

Kindly, let me know why upwork Team is making so much delays in doing the Approvals & Verifications.

Let me know if there are any Issues.

With Regards

Romel Roy

Hi Romel,

Please note that it can take up to 10 business days for a Testimonial to be reviewed. You can check this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
87d5677d
Community Member

Dear Luiggi

It will take 10 working days to get Approved & Verified by Upwork Team.

Let's then wait & hope for the Best.

Thanks so much.

Romel Roy

3b408a84
Community Member

Hi, I got messages from Upwork, my testimonial was approved and displayed on my profile. But I saw it is strange text for one of my testimonials(first one). Who can help to solve it (the first one)? Thanks in advance! 

3b408a84
Community Member

Here is the short screen.

微信图片_20230323082616.png

Hi Yoyo,

I'll have the team review your report and assist you further via a support ticket. Please allow our team time to review and you should be getting an update with your support ticket on this page once done. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
3b408a84
Community Member

Hi, Arjay, thanks for your great support. 

kneeraazon
Community Member

Hello Team.

I submitted a request for a testimonial for my client but the email was not correct. Can I remove it and send a new request so my client can write the review?

Regards

Hi Nirajan,

Thank you for reaching out. Yes, you can resend the request using the correct email address. You don't have to delete the other one as it expires after fourteen days of not getting a response.

~ AJ
Upwork

This was the exact mistake I made that made me loose confirmation from my two clients and right now, I'm seriously in need of a testimonial. I wish I could get some help on this. My client sees it a big deal to reconfirm my testimonial. 

Hi there,

It hasn't been removed after 14 days. Matter of fact it has been more than a month already.

How do I go about it?

Thank you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths