🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Top-Rated Eligible weeks not increasing
Page options
jaycee_digitals
Community Member

Top-Rated Eligible weeks not increasing

Hello, there.

Yes, I'd like to know why my weeks for qualification for top-rated status haven't been increasing, despite meeting the qualifications

Yes, I was on my 15th week of the 16 weeks to qualify for the top-rated badge :japanese_symbol_for_beginner: on Upwork before I miss out on the qualification. The qualification weeks have been dropping back for the weeks I wasn't qualified till it got to the 6th week of the qualification weeks. 

After working on some jobs and getting nice ratings, I got back to 93% JSS and since then I've been maintaining the 93%.

It's now over 7 weeks having over 90% JSS and meeting all of the criteria but the weeks seem not to be increasing.🤔

Please, I'd like to know why this is happening.

Thanks in anticipation for your kind response.

Regards,

Joy

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Joy,

To earn Top Rated status, you need to maintain Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score (JSS) of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks. The Top Rated Eligible Weeks metric keeps track of that progress looking at the last 16 weeks as a rolling window. 

This means that, if you've accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks in the past, you'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation. When your count doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is being included. Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation you'll see an increase in the count. Check out this help article to find a helpful chart explaining this process.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

475 REPLIES 475
58a32134
Community Member

Hi Support team,

My Top Rated Eligible week is not increasing. please increase the top rated eligible week so i will get and earned again Top rated badge. because i have badge on my profile in past . please solve this problem ASAP. Thank You

Hi Naseem,

Thank you for reaching out to us. In order for the number of eligible weeks to increase, your non-eligible weeks will need to be "pushed out" of the past 16-weeks. Once this happens, the number of eligible weeks will start increasing, provided you meet the requirements. If an eligible week falls off of the calculation each week, the total number of eligible weeks won't increase. You can find more information here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
dandridd
Community Member

Hello, I was wondering if you could help me out with something. I'm wondering why I'm not being eligible for Rising Talent or why my weeks for Top Rated are not increasing? I've met all the qualifications yet I'm still at 0/16 weeks.  I started my first job Sept. 8th 2022 and have completed 50 jobs with 15 different clients and $3k earnings and a JSS of 100%. Thanks for looking into this for me.

Am yet to complete any project RISING TALENT but my stats was Top Rated eligible weeks

14 of 16  
I am also confused.

Hi Derek and Hafeez,

To earn Top Rated status, you need to maintain Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score (JSS) of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks. The Top Rated Eligible Weeks metric keeps track of that progress by looking at the last 16 weeks as a rolling window. 

Simply put, if you've accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks in the past, you'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation. When your count doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is being included. Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation you'll see an increase in the count. Check out this help article to find a helpful chart explaining this process.

~ Arjay
Upwork
dandridd
Community Member

Thanks for the reply. Then what tasks are needed to be done about becoming Rising Talent? Again, I have 100% JSS, $3k+ earnings, and almost 50 contracts with 15 different clients and have been on the site over 90 days.

maqeelk84
Community Member

Hi, 

A few days back I have one bad client who gave me a worst rating and I got job successful rate of 100% to 89% but then i find some more work and they gave me 5 stars this way i got my successful rate to 91% but i have not received my TOP RATED BADGE 

Please guide me what is the issue or how long do i have to wait to get that badge again

Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

To earn Top Rated status, you need to maintain Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score (JSS) of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks. The Top Rated Eligible Weeks metric keeps track of that progress looking at the last 16 weeks as a rolling window. 

This means that, if you've accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks in the past, you'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation. When your count doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is being included. Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation you'll see an increase in the count. Check out this help article to find a helpful chart explaining this process.

~ AJ
Upwork
ezzatmostafa
Community Member

I had a dispute but (It's misunderstood even the client send me a bonus) the client left good feedback same as I but I want to ask if this feedback will not be appearing? what if I want to take get this feedback? 

Also in my stats I think I'll get when I reach 13 of 16 and after that the badge will be fixed and not removed anymore even if my JSS drop below 90%?

ezzatmostafa_0-1672746305116.png

Hi Mostafa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. To maintain Top Rated status, you have to meet all these criteria: 

• A current Job Success Score of 90% or higher
  • First project on Upwork was more than 90 days ago
  • Maintained Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks
  • A 100% complete profile (90% for those who brought their profiles over from Elance)
  • 12-month earnings of at least $1,000
  • Up-to-date availability (if unavailable now, set a date estimate)
  • An account in good standing with no recent account holds
  • Activity on the platform (proposal, accepted invitation, or earnings) in the past 90 days

~ AJ
Upwork

First of all I'm pretty aware of what you said and this's not my question!

I said after I get my Top-rated badge could be removed if my JSS drop under 90%?

shoaibkhan49
Community Member

Hello, I'm keeping a watch on my top-rated eligible weeks, but they're not updating, despite the fact that I meet all of the criteria. Do we need to enable the availability badge and spend connects for it to begin updating?

Hi Shoaib,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I am Still waiting for your response!

Hi Shoaib,

As mentioned by one of our Support Team members on this ticket, your issue has been escalated to our Technical Support Team for further review and assistance. They will surely be sending you a reply as soon as they received an update. Feel free to update the ticket if you have questions or need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
cad87050
Community Member

Hi,
My eligible weeks is decreasing from 9 0f 16 to 5 of 16.
I want to know what is the issue/reason?

Hi Farman,

Thank you for your message. Eligible weeks are the ones where you had Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score at 90% or above. Every Saturday we remove the week 17 weeks ago from the calculation and add the most recent week. In order for the count to increase, you must be eligible this week, but not have been eligible 17 weeks ago. Because of the past 16 weeks, you still have the same total number of eligible ones as last time we checked. Check out this help page for more information.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
cad87050
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team,
Hope you're doing well. My eligible weeks was 9 of 16 but it is going to decrease on weekly and my current eligible weeks is 5 of 16.

So I want to know that what is the reason?

Hi Farman,

Please note that in order for the eligible weeks to increase, you would have to meet the eligibility requirements each new week while non-eligible weeks fall off the calculation. Please check the 'Calculating Top Rated Eligible Weeks' section of this help article for more information.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

This confuses a lot of people, because new eligible weeks don't necessarily add to the total, since it's a rolling 16 weeks. 

Imagine your 16 weeks looked like this: 

E E E E E E E E N N N E N N N N 

So, you have 9 Es out of 16.

After two weeks, your two oldest weeks disappear. So, you have

E E E E E E N N N E N N N N plus whatever your two new weeks are.

If you're eligible, you get two new Es at the end and your total is exactly what it was to start--you got two new Es and lost two.

If you're not eligible, you lost two Es and gained two Ns, meaning that you're down to 7 out of 16 eligible weeks. 

mkhandelwal
Community Member

Hello,

I Have keeping eye on my stats every day and today . But my

Top Rated eligible weeks  8 of 16 unchanged

Please let me know what is the reason behind it!!

Thanks

Hi Pratishtha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like you've accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks in the past and you'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation.

When your count doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is being included. Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation you'll see an increase in the count. Check out this help article to find a helpful chart explaining this process.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Annie thank you for your reply let me wait ..Regards

Hi Annie Jane B, 

I think I have the same problem, but my JSS is 100% for months and I don't see any changes in Top Rated Eligible Weeks. Could you please look at my account and say what's the problem?

I have been actively working on Upwork for 4 months with JSS 100% and still don't get Top Rated Badge.

Thank you in advance.  

5b6e3392
Community Member

I have maintained 100% JSS this week as well. But my Top Rated eligible week hasn't increased. Can you please help me with this problem? 

Hi Abhinav,

Thank you for your message. Eligible weeks are the ones where you had Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score at 90% or above. Every Saturday we remove the week 17 weeks ago from the calculation and add the most recent week. In order for the count to increase, you must be eligible this week, but not have been eligible 17 weeks ago. Because of the past 16 weeks, you still have the same total number of eligible ones as the last time we checked. Check out this help page for more information.  

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
58a32134
Community Member

Hi Support team,

My Top Rated Eligible week is not increasing. Even I have More than 96% JSS Score in my stat last 1 months now. Can you please Solve this Issue.I have More than 90%+ Jss last the 1 months now. please increase the top rated eligible week so i will get and earned again Top rated badge. because i have badge on my profile in past . please solve this problem ASAP. Thank You

Hi Naseem,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like you've accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks in the past and you'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation.

When your count doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is being included. Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation you'll see an increase in the count. Check out this help article to find a helpful chart explaining this process.

~ AJ
Upwork
hany-faramawy
Community Member

Hello,

I'm new to Upwork and I'm trying to set up my account to edit and retouch photos. Please can some one rate my profile let me know how can I get a top rated badge?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Hany,

You earn “Top Rated” status by building an impressive reputation on Upwork. You must have a proven history of success with multiple clients, delight your clients every time with high-quality work, and contribute to a safe and vibrant marketplace by knowing and following the Upwork Terms of Service. Please visit this article to find out how to earn and maintain Top Rated status.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Why, when I apply for any job, do I not earn it? Is there something wrong with my profile?

Hi Hany,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to land a project. Please know that submitting a proposal for a job does not guarantee a client would hire you and it's not something we can control. I'd recommend that you visit our Upwork Academy page where you'll find information that can increase your chances of success on Upwork. Below there are a few  courses to help you get started:

~ Luiggi
Upwork
680c848e
Community Member

Hi all! I had a quick question regarding the Top Rated Eligible Weeks.

I read over the article on the UpWork site but I still don't quite understand how it works and how to raise it. For the longest time, I was 15 or 16 out of the full 16 weeks but when I got sick and was out for the count, my TRW dropped to 6 out of 16. I still do not have a JSS at this time, possibly due to only 2 clients out of my 6 completed contracts having left reviews. Currently, I have 7 long-term projects going right now. 

How does one raise their TRW? What makes it fall in the first place? 

Thanks!!

Top Rated eligible weeks (TRW) is a metric that measures your performance over the past 16 weeks on Upwork. The TRW calculation takes into account various factors such as your JSS (Job Success Score), feedback from clients, the number of ongoing projects, the number of hours worked, and the timeliness of your work.

Your TRW is based on the percentage of weeks in which you meet certain criteria, such as having a JSS above 90%, completing a project on time, having no negative feedback from clients, and working a minimum number of hours.

If you meet all of the criteria for a given week, that week is considered a "Top Rated eligible" week. Your TRW is then calculated by dividing the number of Top Rated eligible weeks you've had in the past 16 weeks by 16.

To raise your TRW, you need to consistently meet the Top Rated eligible criteria every week. This means maintaining a high JSS, completing projects on time, delivering high-quality work, and receiving positive feedback from clients. It's also important to work on multiple projects and work enough hours each week to meet the minimum requirement.

Your TRW can fall if you don't meet the Top Rated eligible criteria for a particular week. For example, if you receive negative feedback from a client or fail to complete a project on time, that week will not be considered a Top Rated eligible week, and your TRW will drop.

To maintain or increase your TRW, it's important to consistently provide high-quality work, communicate effectively with your clients, and deliver projects on time. Make sure to ask your clients for feedback and always strive to improve your skills and expertise in your field.

I don't have a JSS score yet and so far only 2 clients in the past few months that I've completed work with have left me reviews. I have 7 ongoing contracts right now. Some I work on weekly and others I work on as they need more content, so it may be a week or two until I get another milestone. 

I was sick for about a week at the beginning of February and technically would have missed two or three deadlines but I communicated with my clients what was going on and I was told to submit it when I was feeling better. I had a really bad case of the flu. So would that have killed my TRW? Being sick for a week? 

Hi Abu Ansarul M,

I think I have the problem, my JSS is 100% for months and I don't see any changes in Top Rated Eligible Weeks. Could you please look at my account and say what's the problem?

I have been actively working on Upwork for 4 months with JSS 100% and still don't get Top Rated Badge.

Thank you in advance.  
3fddc860
Community Member

Recently I my JSS got less then 90, and the number of weeks eligiblity for TOP Rated badget started to sunk. So after a lot of hard work I manage to make it 90+ but number of weeks eligibility is stuck at 4/16. 

Can anyone take a look and let me know why is that happening. 

Kind Regards
Muhammad Moeez

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I understand your concern. Eligible weeks are the ones where you had Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score at 90% or above. Every Saturday we remove the week 17 weeks ago from the calculation and add the most recent week. In order for the count to increase, you must be eligible this week, but not have been eligible 17 weeks ago. Because of the past 16 weeks, you still have the same total number of eligible ones as the last time we checked. Check out this help page for more information.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Support Team,

My Top Rated Eligible week is not increasing. It has been going to be more than 3 weeks of my JSS is 90%  but not week is increasing?

Community Member

Hello! Please tell me, is the Top rated status given immediately upon reaching an income of $ 1000(12-month earnings) or after some time? Of course, I know about the other conditions, they are fulfilled

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths