🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Why am I charged 5% TDS even after upload...
Page options
gopip18
Community Member

Unable to verify your Tax ID number on Upwork

Please check my Legal Taxpayer Name. Now I verified the legal name and PAN number. Please check and approve.

gopip18_1-1646185972652.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdul, 

The TAX ID (PAN) status is under "Pending Verification" until we have a manual verification for PAN. Once you enter a PAN number, you will automatically get a reduced withholding tax of 1% regardless of the PAN "Pending Verification" status. There is no further action needed on your end. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

313 REPLIES 313
5fd3c6f8
Community Member

Thanks for this info

Tural Babashov
subhamandroid
Community Member

Hi,

I don't know the issue but I am not able to verify my PAN card number. It always shows me https://prnt.sc/IXaMaXGNOK3t this message. I tried to update it lots of times by removing and adding again and also checking the PAN number and the name similar to the PAN card and my Upwork profile name but it's unverified every time.

I tried lots to connect with support but I failed. Please can help me with this issue.

Thanks 

Hi Shubham,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
karuna-garan
Community Member

I also have this issue. I have re-submitted my PAN multiple times. I think the problem is my PAN name is XXXXXXX X. The last name has only one word. 

Hi Karunagaran,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

hI Valeria, can i please request a legal name change as i am unable to get my pan details verified 

Hi Racha,

I checked but it doesn't look like you've added your PAN to your account yet. Could you please try it and let us know if the verification fails?

~Andrea
Upwork

okay

Tural Babashov
chaitanya_09
Community Member

I am from india, i am unable to update the Legal Taxpayer name.

Due to this always my PAN verification failed.

Hi Krishna Chaitany,

I checked your account and it looks like you have submitted a ticket to our team about this issue. Please allow time for our team to check and get back to you on the same ticket to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I also

Tural Babashov
kapletiya
Community Member

Hi, 

The wrong TDS is about to charged for my transaction and I like to update it before the transaction happens

Hi Brijesh,

It looks like you were able to add your PAN. Once you enter a PAN number, you will automatically get a reduced withholding tax of 1% regardless of the PAN "Pending Verification" status. There is no further action needed on your end. 

~Andrea
Upwork

What is TDS?

Tural Babashov
f953031c
Community Member

Hi Gopi, My legal business name is too long for the "business name" box and so my tax number is not being verified.  How do I solve this?

Hi Taylor,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

You can make it short

Tural Babashov
harmin90
Community Member

Please Help me with PAN ID verification. I tried 4 times it still cannot be verified I have checked W-8BEN form as well, It is still pending. Please Help!!!

04ea772f
Community Member

I have added valid PAN number and legal tax payer name in tax information section but pan number showing "Pan Pending Verification". Please check attached screenshot and let me know how to verify pan detail.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Nirmala,

Thanks for reaching out. If you've managed to add either your PAN or Aadhaar number successfully, i.e. it was accepted and you didn't get an error message, you're good to go! No further action on the Upwork platform is necessary.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

👍

Tural Babashov
marefaleaon
Community Member

Why upwork is not verifying my PAN ID?I added it second times and still it shows pending.I am not getting any response from contact support too. 

PAN verification 

Hi Mohamad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
6577b523
Community Member

Hey there, 
I am a freelancer based in India, Acc to the rules, upwork needs to pay 5% TDS if the freelancer has not added a PAN ID, but only 1% if the freelancer has added PAN.

I added my PAN ID, which has also been verified, yet 5% withholding tax was deducted. Can anyone look into this? 

Hi Harsh,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
zeeshan8467
Community Member

Hey, 

For some reason, in my Tax Information section, I see PAN pending verification for the past 3 days. 

I have already added the pan cart details when I created the account but for some reason, pan card verification is still showing me pending then 3 days back I updated the pan card again but it is still showing pending.

I check from this link 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044709894-Indian-Tax-Deducted-at-Source-TDS-or-Withh...

if I did not provide a pan cart withholding tax will be 5%.

withholding tax is deducted from my account again and again.  

I would greatly appreciate any help or advice.

Thank you.

Zeeshan

Hi Zeeshan,

The TAX ID (PAN) status is under "Pending Verification" until we have a manual verification for PAN. Once you enter a PAN number, you will automatically get a reduced withholding tax of 1% regardless of the PAN "Pending Verification" status. There is no further action needed on your end. 

~Andrea
Upwork
abbaessmaelvy
Community Member

Hi Abbas,

I have checked your account and it looks like your PAN is currently on a pending verification status. Please note that we cannot directly verify your tax information. Once you add the information to your Upwork account, we submit it to the Indian Tax authorities for verification. If you added your PAN number, it was accepted, and you didn't get an error message, you're all set. There is no further action needed on your end. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thanks for the reply Arjay, I have seen this script before on other threads also but nowhere is mentioned how much time it exactly takes to get verified?

Some of them have been waiting for months as pending verification. Does that mean I'll end up paying 5% TDS for the rest of this life and 1% is just smoke and mirrors?

Hi Abbas,

Please note that you already get the reduced withholding tax of 1% regardless of the PAN "Pending Verification" status.

~Andrea
Upwork
sunithas
Community Member

Hi,

Did anyone from India face an issue with PAN verification? I am not able to get my PAN verified, though my PAN was active until recently. 

Hi Sunitha,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

my pan is also not verified from your side

Hi Vaibhav,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry, we cannot directly verify your tax information. Once you add the information to your Upwork account, we submit it to the Indian Tax authorities for verification. If you've managed to add either your PAN number successfully, i.e. it was accepted and you didn't get an error message, you're good to go! No further action on the Upwork platform is necessary.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

yes i am also faceing the same issue

Hi
I am having the same issue. Can someone help to know how my PAN number will be verified on Upwork?

Hi Urwashi,

Thank you for your message. I checked and I see that you have not filled the Legal Taxpayer Name section. Could you please delete the PAN details and try entering the PAN number again along with the Legal Taxpayer Name that matches the name on the PAN card and Upwork account?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I have submitted the PAN Card twice with proper details. But it's not verified from last two months. It's causing extra deduction from my Available Money. What could be the reason for the PAN Card not getting verified as I have filled every detail with precision.

Hi Neetu,

I have checked your account and it looks like your PAN is currently on a pending verification status. Please note that we cannot directly verify your tax information. Once you add the information to your Upwork account, we submit it to the Indian Tax authorities for verification. If you added your PAN number, it was accepted, and you didn't get an error message, you're all set. There is no further action needed on your end and you get the reduced withholding tax of 1% regardless of the PAN "Pending Verification" status.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths