🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Messages Pushed to Phone After Being R...
Page options
7f9b79df
Community Member

Upwork Messages Pushed to Phone After Being Read Online - Still!

A'ight, this is getting annoying AF.

I read most of my message on my desktop; typically have a tab open with Upwork messages. For the past several weeks, I'll read a message online and then 10 minutes later, the message is pushed to my phone.

This was happening off and on awhile ago, but I thought Upwork had fixed it. Apparently not?

Anyone else experiencing this madness?

4 REPLIES 4
williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Kindler, please turn the message alerts off in the settings. Have a great day!

Thanks. Not really a solution, though. If a message is read, it should not also be pushed to the app.

bilal1983
Community Member

I've experienced a similar issue with mobile app showing old messages I have already read on my laptop. Often, I'd see notifications pop-up on my phone, and I'd think I have new messages and then find out it is just old ones.  So now I never sign in to the mobile app any more, and just access Upwork only on my laptop.

There are times when I need to use the app for messaging; not really an option to disable notifications 😕 

I suppose this is just another Upwork "feature" where their systems are not reliable; sometimes we get the notifcations, sometimes an email, sometimes a red message notifcation on the web, sometimes all of them; and sometimes none of them. 🤷🏽‍

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members