🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Using Vpn on upwork in china
Page options
danish_57
Community Member

Using Vpn on upwork in china

Hello!

i want to confirm is it okay if i'm connected with a vpn  in china. i have to move there  for a year or two. so is it possible for me to use upwork with vpn without any issues? apart from this if you can suggest me from which vpn should i connect and what changes should be made to make the ip address the same or static for a long time so it won't switch from time to time also to use account without any suspension with precautions.

Thankyou.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lilitlyolik
Community Member

Hello, I would suggest you to create ticket or chat with the Official Upwork support. 

Because here you can get subjective opinion and it may hart your profile. 

Be careful. 

As I know Upwork doesn't allow VPN or other tools for the location changes. But you may still contact the official support. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
lilitlyolik
Community Member

Hello, I would suggest you to create ticket or chat with the Official Upwork support. 

Because here you can get subjective opinion and it may hart your profile. 

Be careful. 

As I know Upwork doesn't allow VPN or other tools for the location changes. But you may still contact the official support. 

42f0464e
Community Member

Well, you can use a VPN while in China to access Upwork without any issues and it is not a violation of Upwork's TOS. However, if there are inconsistencies with your IP address, it may raise a red flag and your account could be temporarily suspended as a precautionary measure to prevent unauthorized access.  It is always best to ask UPwork's customer support team for specific guidelines and recommendations as they may have the best and most up-to-date information regarding the use of VPNs on their platform.

Hi Bilal. So i figured out that upwork is working fine in china without even using vpn. Just want to confirm do i need to change my location from Pak to China in the contact info category. i have  both citizenship( 4 years validity) and a network sim.

9a109208
Community Member

Update: Starting from April 2024, upwork can be connect normally in China.

calado-marco
Community Member

Here's another tip besides the good ones just posted; in China use Tor browser installed in pen.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members