🐈
» Forums » Support » Using "new messages"—weird behaviors
Page options
kelly_e
Community Member

Using "new messages"—weird behaviors

Am I doing something wrong here? I looked for other forum posts with the same problems but my search terms didn't spot anyone else.

First weird behavior in "new messages"—I don't seem to be able to scroll back to read older messages. I thought maybe it was while I was typing (difficult enough, if I wanted to refer to something I'd written days/weeks earlier), but it's also when not typing. And in case it was just with the client I was writing to this morning, I tried a different client's messages, and I can't scroll backwards there either.

I tried "new messages" some months ago but found problems with it and switched back rather than use up my time trying to guess what I'm doing wrong, but now I don't see a "switch back" option... so if I can't switch back I need to figure this out...

Second weird behavior—I was uploading several client documents while typing my message to the client. After typing a few lines, I found that the typing was appearing in the same spot as the warning Upwork gives about attachments, and then in the same spot as the attachment names and icons—in other words, they were overlaid on each other, making it impossible to see what I was typing at all. (I wanted to take a screen shot but I couldn't find a section that seemed like it wouldn't be an invasion of privacy to show it, so just understand that I mean truly overlaid on each other, like the quickie-mockup here.) I ended up having to write the message off Upwork and paste it in so I could see what I was writing. This can't be normal.   O.O

Questions that must be answered: Latest version of Firefox (78.15) I can use on my older MacBook Pro (10.11.6), no other browser to try, cookies and cache kept regularly cleared.

1 REPLY 1
AndreaG

Hi Kelly,

I've asked for our team's help in looking into this further for you. They'll be reaching out via support ticket.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths