🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why are my proposal not being viewed?
Page options
f4f7bdb3
Community Member

Why are my proposal not being viewed?

Good day. Is there a reason my proposals are not being seen by the clients? Even when I boost them it doesn't seem as though they are being viewed. Is there something wrong with my account? My profile are up to date so please can any Upwork moderator check that to confirm it.

20 REPLIES 20
d9fc6d8d
Community Member

There could be many reasons for your proposals not being viewed by clients:

- Your proposal is not well written;

- Your profile is not what the client is looking for;

- You have no relevant experience for the job you're applying for;

- Job post was a scam;

- Job post got an avalanche of proposals, which discouraged the client from even reading through them.

However, I have a question: Why you said that the proposal is not well-written when the client hasn't even seen it?

Because the client sees the first two lines of the proposal before deciding whether to open it, so what you write there has a big impact.

I thought the client saw the first two lines of the freelancer's profile overview. Or do they see both?

The client sees the top first line in searches for your profile.

The client sees the top two lines in your proposal.

Oh, okay. Thank you for the clarification.

abu_ansarul-mush
Community Member

Hello Harmit, proposals don't get viewed for only three major reasons:

- The cover letter proposal doesn't appeal to the client.

- Applying for jobs that are not a good match.

- There are better suited freelancers applying for the job.

Have a great day!

Clients complain of receiving numerous proposals, with most being garbage. No client is going to plow through 40 garbage proposals to rea h the great one at #41. Or the client needs to wait on funding or other staff. They might not have the money now, or maybe they are ill or have an illness in the family. There are as many reasons as clients.

However, I have a question: Why you said that the proposal is not appeal to the when the client hasn't even seen it?

yofazza
Community Member

You copied that from William TC who often post misleading information. 

You usually copy-paste from ChatGPT, did you get that from there? Intriguing.

celgins
Community Member

There is nothing wrong with your profile. Many freelancers have noticed a significant drop in profile views, job hires and invitations over the past 6-months to 1-year, and especially over the last 2-3 months. 

Just keep submitting proposals to jobs for which you are qualified by writing great cover letters. The rest is beyond your control.

2b9c8c75
Community Member

I agree with all of the reasons here posted but there could be a zillion reasons more. I'm new to the platform and have been here a week.  I've applied for positions that I believed were a good match for the client. So far, a few nibbles and a small project. I can't complain even though I could.

Patience, tolerance, and ultimate success for all here!

naydenh
Community Member

Hope someone answer this.

I have the feeling that I've been shadowbanned.

When I first started proposing I got 2 jobs right away and earned 1000$ in 3 days.

Then I sent another 40-50 proposals over 2 weeks most of which boosted with highest bid and custom message, I never copy and paste. 

80% of them didn't get viewed, I only got messaged from 2 places but didn't get any jobs...

Not sure what Im doing wrong, my profile is fully completed, I think the competition is too big.

Best,

Nayden 

Market is over saturated! Less demands but more suppliers.

8a110692
Community Member

I'm new hete fairly . Saw that I was matched to jobs according to my profile but just one thing . I realised while we need to check on our experiences before applying if its a match most of the time, isn't it also fair that opportunity is given to leas experience job seekers who are genuinely keen & passionate and ready to learn? Also I've seen some ambiguous job posting with vague information about their requirements and what they do even from reputable clients. So in this case it would certainly help to minimise garbage applications if job seekers are fully aware what is the expectations from client . 

787f88f3
Community Member

Wow,

I wrote about 20 proposals over the last 2 months, easily spending about 30 minutes to an hour on each of them, sometimes more. And only today I got the message that one of them has been viewed! **bleep**! I was not even aware I would be notified about this, but it means I spent a lot of time on proposals and none of them (except for one, now) has even been read by the client! That's certainly a depressing thought....
Maybe this just isn't the right time to join this platform and I'd rather focus my energy elsewhere...

I joined the platform nearly 8 years ago, when it was far less competitive. It took me 36 proposals to land my first job, after 25+ years in my field and with a graduate degree in my niche.

Make good use of the first two lines--the client sees them before deciding whether to open your proposal. And, unless you're sending proposals on huge complex jobs where you have to explain your approach, do yourself a favor and don't waste 30 minutes on a proposal. 

767927dd
Community Member

I have the same problem and a different one too. My profile does not apear in search results . I have some issues with Upwork lately . The team of upwork does not answer even that my profile is upgrade to Plus 

Your profile appears to be set to private.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members