🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why is my withdrawal is currently restricted ...
Page options
rohitwi
Community Member

Why is my withdrawal is currently restricted on my account?

Hi,

Earlier, I had got an email saying "We are sorry to have to take this step, but please note that this matter is a result of an issue with your client’s billing method. As such, please contact your client directly to discuss this matter further."

Why do I need to be affected by my client's billing method? It's your responsibility to solve that issue with my client. How would I know about any billing method issue of my client before taking the project? 

I NEED TO WITHDRAW MY EARNINGS ASAP.

Thanks!

Rohit Kumar

93 REPLIES 93
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rohit, 

I'm sorry to learn about your account issue. I'll go ahead and check this with the team and come back here once I have more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
mike_guru
Community Member

Hi, I'm having similar issue. When I  tried withdrawing to my paypal account, I got an error saying "Withdrawal is currently restricted on your account. Please contact Upwork Support."

Please help.

Hi Mike,

I checked and it seems that one of our team members already reached out to you directly via this support ticket. Please refer to the ticket for more information and let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi I am facing the same issue my earning is restricted why i can,t withdraw my amount please resolve that on upwork support no one contacted with me i open two tickets but no one replies i need my earning or i cand withdraw please resolve that issue i need my earnings as soon as possible

Hi Huma,

I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

I am also having same issue, even I contacted support, but no respond instead of system generated replies from two days, and there was none of notification from upwork about this issue. Can anybody here for help me out?

Hi Saba,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
ae6aaab7
Community Member

I am facing the withdrawal issue: "Withdrawal is currently restricted on your account." Please help me out to solve this issue. I NEED TO WITHDRAW MY EARNINGS ASAP.

I'm also having the same issue! I tried to reach out to Upwork Support because the error message told me to contact Upwork Support but no one's available to help. 

Hi Zenia,

Thank you for your message. I see that you are already communicating with the relevant team for the same issue. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, my same problem  "Withdrawal is currently restricted on your account. Please contact Upwork Support."

Hi MD Abdul,

Thank you for your message. I see that you are already communicating with the support team for the same inquiry. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
87f58325
Community Member

I am having this same issue. I want to withdraw to my bank account and it said that my withdrawal is currently restricted and I need to withdraw my earnings asap in order to fix my bills.

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

I am facing the same issue 

I applied a ticket and there it shows solved but no action was taken by upwork to resolve the issue i dont know why it is taking so long 

Hi Ali,

Thank you for your message. I checked the ticket you are referring to and noticed that it was a duplicate ticket initiated by you. Please avoid creating multiple tickets for the same concern as they will be closed without a response. One of our team members will reach out to you via the original ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

But it's already been 2 days and still no updates from upwork on the second ticket too what are you guys doing?

Hi Ali,

I reached out to the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
karimzain
Community Member

Hi Avery O

Why is my withdrawal currently restricted on my account? 

Hi Karim,

I checked your account and saw that our team previously reached out to you about your account status. Please check this ticket for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Rohit K wrote:

Why do I need to be affected by my client's billing method?

Hopefully your client can clear up the issue soon. The quicker the client does that, the better for you.

But this *may* also mean that money your client paid to you may have to be reversed... This *could* be a result of a dodgy payment method having been used.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rohit, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
rohitwi
Community Member

Hi Avery,

I still have no solution.

- Rohit

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that our team already provided you with all the information regarding your issue on this support ticket.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
3aef72f0
Community Member

Hi,

I received a messages from upwork that I was supposed to refund some amount I was paid for the job I did for a client due to the client's bank demand. It was really annoying because I worked for the money and it made me question the essence of escrow, but I however coincidentally fell sick and couldn't either attend to the issue or do any work for a while. I completed a job 2 weeks ago so I have some amount in my account balance and I tried to withdraw it but I was told withdrawal is restricted on my account. why? 

Why do I need to be affected by my client's billing method? It's your responsibility to solve that issue with my client. How would I know about any billing method issue of my client before taking the project? 

I Need My Earnings ASAP

Regards,
Syed Ahsan

Hi Syed,

I`m sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Our team has already reached out to you via ticket to assist you further. Feel free to follow up directly on your ticket with any additional questions you may have and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It's really a terrible experience.

Just like in your case, I couldn't respond promptly to debunk the claims. Now, I am restricted from making withdrawals even after refunding the disputed amounts. 

Hi Christian,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ipoojamonga
Community Member

Hi Upwork team,

I've received this error message : Withdrawal is currently restricted on your account. Please contact Upwork Support.

I need to withdraw the funds asap for an urgent situation at my end.

Please help.

~ pooja

Hi Pooja,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
6ed68f64
Community Member

Hello Im stuck same issue about restricted & I dont got any mail about that. So my job succes score %96 customers happy. Why is this happening without any reason ? 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Sensei,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
6ed68f64
Community Member

Hello this is the mail two times I got after submitted ticket I dont got it anything would you clarify me please 

Dear Sensei Kaneki,

We see you submitted a request to appeal an Upwork account suspension.

However, the account you submitted it for either doesn’t exist or is still active (not suspended).

If you submitted the form by mistake, no worries, we’ve disregarded it. If you have other questions, please visit Upwork Help to contact our support team.

Thank you,
Upwork Trust & Safety Team

1fe1d185
Community Member

Hi,

Suddenly I Try To Withdraw My earnings and I received this error message: Withdrawal is currently restricted on your account. Please contact Upwork Support.

I need to withdraw the funds asap for an urgent situation at my end.

Please help.

Hi Mosharrof,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your financial account. I see that the financial account is suspended due to an ongoing investigation. Our team has already reached out to you at your registered email address and via a support ticket here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them directly on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. You can also respond to the email notification directly to reply to your support ticket.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi,
I do not receive any email from Upwork for this restriction of my financial
account.
Why Upwork take this action. Because I don’t do anything wrong. Can you
please tell me what’s the reason. Or When I can Withdraw My earnings.
Because I have a bad situation now and I need to withdraw my asap.
Please help me to solve this problem. And let me know when I’m able to
withdraw my money please.

Hi Mosharrof,

Thank you for following up.  When a ticket is created, you can view it from your Upwork account, and likewise, an email is sent to the email address you have on file. If it's not in your inbox, kindly try checking your spam folder.

Additionally, you can access your ticket on this page

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi,

I See This Ticket is already Solved on 8 April, Can You Please Tell Me Why My Financial Account is Restricted, for now, I Need To Buy Connects and Withdraw My Funds in bad situations, please help me

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Mosharrof,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already responded to the support ticket. One of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members