🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » dialing out a sent offer
Page options
psheybani
Community Member

dialing out a sent offer

Hi All,

Question: If I just attach my own additional doc to an offer (before I accept it) with a more "accurate" dialed-out description of what work I will complete, does that work? I do not want to tell them that they need to re-write the description of the job offer "better"- it feels condescending to do so.   I just want to make sure my more dialed-out version is taken into account as a part of the contract. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

If the offer does not accurately and completely reflect your understanding of the work you will do, then don't accept it until it does. Any auxiliary document you provide means nothing in the event you and the client wind up at odds over the project outcome. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Parisa, 

If you're already interviewing for the project, you can discuss this further with the client through a call and then recap the discussion through Upwork Messages. Keeping all communications through Messages helps the team review any relevant discussion on a contract in the event of a dispute. 

You can also outline it in a doc and share it through your Message Room. Either way, it's always best to recap any salient points of your discussion with your client so that both of you are on the same page. 

~ Avery
Upwork
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

If the offer does not accurately and completely reflect your understanding of the work you will do, then don't accept it until it does. Any auxiliary document you provide means nothing in the event you and the client wind up at odds over the project outcome. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members