🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » job listing shows "1 hire"
Page options
bradleyclarkart
Community Member

job listing shows "1 hire"

I am browsing potention projects and see that sometimes a listing will show "1 hire".   Does that mean the job has been assigned?  If so, why is the project still searchable in "find work"?   Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Bradley C wrote:

I am browsing potention projects and see that sometimes a listing will show "1 hire".   Does that mean the job has been assigned?  If so, why is the project still searchable in "find work"?   Thanks.

It means the client has hired someone, but not closed the job post.

It does not necessarily mean the client has no intention of hiring someone else.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Bradley C wrote:

It means the client has hired someone, but not closed the job post.

It does not necessarily mean the client has no intention of hiring someone else.

jkrl
Community Member

I find this a lot as well. It's very confusing and needs to be corrected. Otherwise freelancers will waste their connects sending in a proposal.

tlsanders
Community Member

Jennifer K wrote:

I find this a lot as well. It's very confusing and needs to be corrected. Otherwise freelancers will waste their connects sending in a proposal.

Clients hiring on a job are prompted to choose whether to close the job posting or leave it active. I don't know why so many choose to keep the postings open, but it is a conscious choice.

tlbp
Community Member

Jennifer K wrote:

Don't be confused, just know that the client didn't close the job and don't apply. Of course, there's always a chance that the client is still looking, but if connects are precious, why take the risk? 

It's certainly not a bug.

It is accurate information.

I have hired over 80 freelancers on Upwork. I really don't find the client-side interface to be unclear on this point.

When I hire a freelancer, I am given the options to:

a) Close the job posting, because I'm done hiring

[or]

b) Leave the job posting open, because I may want to hire more people

I can't say what any other clients do.

But I personally try to always close a job posting or make a job posting private if I am not actively hiring more people.

I often DO use a single job posting to hire multiple freelancers. So my postings will often indicate that I have hired one or multiple people already, and yet my job posting is still open.

Tremendously insighful reply, Preston - even 4 years later. Thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths