🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » upwork decline billing method
Page options
83a715ce
Community Member

upwork decline billing method

Hello,
My client, who currently resides in Canada but originally hails from Bangladesh, encountered an issue while attempting to add his billing method on Upwork. Despite using a Bangladeshi visa card issued by a bank in Bangladesh, the transaction was declined by Upwork. The bank says, they don't have any issuess in their end.

Note: He is my BYOC

Could you please assist us in resolving this matter? We would greatly appreciate any guidance or support you can provide to ensure that my client is able to successfully set up their billing method on Upwork.

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Md. Nayan,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble faced by your client while adding a billing method. To answer your question about adding a billing method from a different country, this is allowed but there are chances that the bank may decline or limit the transaction for security purposes. 

I advise you to urge your client to reach out to us directly. This will enable us to thoroughly assess their issue and provide them with a customized solution.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
NikolaS

Hi MD. NAYAN, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please ask your client to reach out to us directly so that we can assist them accordingly? Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another’s user’s account which we hope you understand. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
83a715ce
Community Member

Hi NikolaS,

Thank you for your prompt response. I appreciate your time.

I have a quick clarification regarding Upwork's billing methods.

Does Upwork allow adding Billing methods from another country?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Sincerely,

Nayan S.

Thank you for following up, MD. NAYAN. 

You may want to check this helpful article for more information about available billing methods.

~ Nikola
Upwork
83a715ce
Community Member

Thank you once again for your quick response, NikolaS.

Unfortunately, my inquiry was not addressed in the article.

Best regards,
Nayan S.

Hi Md. Nayan,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble faced by your client while adding a billing method. To answer your question about adding a billing method from a different country, this is allowed but there are chances that the bank may decline or limit the transaction for security purposes. 

I advise you to urge your client to reach out to us directly. This will enable us to thoroughly assess their issue and provide them with a customized solution.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members