🐈
» Forums » Profile Feedback » Profile Feedback
Page options
ad7ea92a
Community Member

Profile Feedback

Hey
I'd appreciate if you check out profile and provide feedback, here is a link: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0176eb0654539faa06

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
celgins
Community Member

Hi Uzair,

1) Emojis  do not draw as much attention as freelancers think. But the main objective is to use as much space as possible on words that appeal to clients. When you remove the emojis, more space is allocated to more important words.

2) Having a specialized profile can help increase searchability, but the specialized profile should be based on your skill set. Since your main profile focuses on short form video editing for TikTok and IG reels, you can create one or two specialized profiles that focus on services--especially those you list under "I can also assist you with:."  Some clients look for freelancers who can shoot/film videos, write video scripts, or create social media marketing material or graphic design.

3) If you are refocusing your career on app development, you can change the content in your main profile. Do not create another Upwork account; this violates Upwork's Terms of Service.

Once you change the title, summary, skill categories, and other details to app development, it may take a while for the algorithm to recognize the changes, and match you with app development jobs.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
celgins
Community Member

Hi Uzair,

Nice profile. I have a few suggestions:

1) I think you can draw more attention to your profile if the beginning of your overview/summary uses sentences instead of emojis and statements. You may already know this--when clients search for freelancers, only the first 200-250 characters of your summary are shown. This means you have very little space (approximately two short sentences) to get their attention. You want clients to see their goals (your services and successes) in this this small space. You don't want to waste any characters on emojis, names, or any nonessential words.

Here is an example:

Want a TikTok video or short Instagram reel edited for your social media that drives maximum traffic to your platform? Maybe you need a video ad made for your brand that gets the best CTR? I'm a skilled social media short form video editor with nearly 4 years in the industry! I specialize in creating solutions that help businesses grow by increasing sales.

:right_arrow: 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗦 - 𝗛𝗲𝗹𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗚𝗼 𝗩𝗶𝗿𝗮𝗹

You can adjust this as you see fit or ignore it completely, but I think sentences (without emojis) reveal much more of your services, and will be more appealing to clients.

2) If possible, you should try to get a thumbnail image for each portfolio item. Clients might ignore an item if it's  blank:

celgins_0-1714661406366.png

Upwork recently changed the format for portfolios and it appears video thumbnails are no longer visible. This might be due to a setting that allows videos to play automatically as soon as the client opens the portfolio item.

3) Be sure to add a short job description to your job at Snso Solutions in your employment history. A job description is especially important when the job is highly relevant to the services you provide on Upwork. Upwork uses keywords in job titles and descriptions to match you with relevant jobs.

4) You may want to add one or two Specialized Profiles that focus on more specific services or completely unrelated services. Having a specialized profile can help increase a freelancer's searchability.

Good luck!

ad7ea92a
Community Member

Thanks for the Compliment,
1. for the emojies I would say or just I think emojies drive more attention to Profile, but this may just my thought, I would love to hear from you on this.

2. sure I will work on this

3. yeah sure.

4. I already made my profile specific for 1 service and specialized profile really boost the profile, if YES, I would like you check my profile again and suggest me for what service I sould make a specialized profile.
1 thing more I want to ask, I am about to change my career from video Editing to APP Development, what would you suggest me to delete this or only or make new or just new design it?
for sure it will take a year for me to build my portfolio and expert my skills.

looking forward to hear from you

celgins
Community Member

Hi Uzair,

1) Emojis  do not draw as much attention as freelancers think. But the main objective is to use as much space as possible on words that appeal to clients. When you remove the emojis, more space is allocated to more important words.

2) Having a specialized profile can help increase searchability, but the specialized profile should be based on your skill set. Since your main profile focuses on short form video editing for TikTok and IG reels, you can create one or two specialized profiles that focus on services--especially those you list under "I can also assist you with:."  Some clients look for freelancers who can shoot/film videos, write video scripts, or create social media marketing material or graphic design.

3) If you are refocusing your career on app development, you can change the content in your main profile. Do not create another Upwork account; this violates Upwork's Terms of Service.

Once you change the title, summary, skill categories, and other details to app development, it may take a while for the algorithm to recognize the changes, and match you with app development jobs.

Good luck!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths