🐈
» Forums » Profile Feedback » Profile Feedback
Page options
mustafaseth
Community Member

Profile Feedback

Hey there! I'm new on Upwork, spcialize in Architectural Design and AR/VR Design. I'm seeking honest feedback on my profile so I can improve.

Thanks in advance.

Profile link:
@https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01aac25015c4c9d741

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
celgins
Community Member

Hey Mustafa Abdullah,

Welcome to Upwork.

I see good information in your profile. Here are a few suggestions to help improve it:

1) Good information in your overview/summary, you can optimize it by removing content and moving other content around. First, remove these:

"Welcome to My Profile! :party_popper:"

"Hey there! 👋"

"I'm Mustafa Abdullah Seth"

When clients search for freelancers, only the first 200-225 characters of your summary are shown. This means you have very little space (approximately two short sentences) to get their attention. You want potential clients to see their goals (your services and success) in this small space. You do not want to waste this valuable space on emojis, greetings, or names. Clients can already see your name displayed on your profile and the other words are unnecessary and provide no value to clients.

The rest of your first paragraph is okay, but a long list of specialities after that will not keep client's attention. Clients are more concerned about getting services that meet their needs. The information after "Why Choose Me:" is better suited as a second paragraph, so I recommend moving it up in your summary.

Be sure your summary shows your value to clients. There are thousands 3D designers and architectural engineers here, so clients need reasons to choose you--more than just the right skill set. More specifically, clients need to know the benefit of your skills and services (e.g., why does it matter and how will it improve, fix, reduce risk, increase sales, solve problems, etc.)

2) Add short job descriptions to each job in your employment history. A job description is especially important when the job is highly relevant to the services you provide on Upwork. Upwork uses keywords in job titles and descriptions to match you with relevant jobs.

Your portfolio, skills, and certifications look good.

You should also consider adding a project catalog. The project catalog allows you to setup a pre-packaged service that clients can buy without you sending a proposal. Due to higher than usual requests for project catalogs, reviews and approvals are taking a minimum of 10 business days. Read Get Started With Project Catalog for more information.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
celgins
Community Member

Hey Mustafa Abdullah,

Welcome to Upwork.

I see good information in your profile. Here are a few suggestions to help improve it:

1) Good information in your overview/summary, you can optimize it by removing content and moving other content around. First, remove these:

"Welcome to My Profile! :party_popper:"

"Hey there! 👋"

"I'm Mustafa Abdullah Seth"

When clients search for freelancers, only the first 200-225 characters of your summary are shown. This means you have very little space (approximately two short sentences) to get their attention. You want potential clients to see their goals (your services and success) in this small space. You do not want to waste this valuable space on emojis, greetings, or names. Clients can already see your name displayed on your profile and the other words are unnecessary and provide no value to clients.

The rest of your first paragraph is okay, but a long list of specialities after that will not keep client's attention. Clients are more concerned about getting services that meet their needs. The information after "Why Choose Me:" is better suited as a second paragraph, so I recommend moving it up in your summary.

Be sure your summary shows your value to clients. There are thousands 3D designers and architectural engineers here, so clients need reasons to choose you--more than just the right skill set. More specifically, clients need to know the benefit of your skills and services (e.g., why does it matter and how will it improve, fix, reduce risk, increase sales, solve problems, etc.)

2) Add short job descriptions to each job in your employment history. A job description is especially important when the job is highly relevant to the services you provide on Upwork. Upwork uses keywords in job titles and descriptions to match you with relevant jobs.

Your portfolio, skills, and certifications look good.

You should also consider adding a project catalog. The project catalog allows you to setup a pre-packaged service that clients can buy without you sending a proposal. Due to higher than usual requests for project catalogs, reviews and approvals are taking a minimum of 10 business days. Read Get Started With Project Catalog for more information.

Good luck!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths