🐈
» Forums » Profile Feedback » Profile Review and Feedback from Experienced ...
Page options
9f5e4f26
Community Member

Profile Review and Feedback from Experienced Freelancers Request

I hope you're doing great! I recently joined the freelancing community, and as a new freelancer, I would greatly appreciate it if you could spare a few minutes to review my profile and provide some feedback. I value your insights and believe they will help me improve my chances of securing projects. Any suggestions or tips you can offer would be highly valuable to me.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01e2aa70bca7bc60b7

Thank you in advance for your time and support.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
celgins
Community Member

Angy,

I see good information in your profile, but you need to go much further to convince clients to hire you.

Here are my suggestions to improve your profile:

1) I think the first part of your title will make sense to clients, but the last few words will have no meaning: "Database" and "S." I recommend: Data Entry & Transcription Services | Data Management

2) Your overview/summary has good information, but the first sentence may not have the intended effect: "I am a data entry clerk who is knowledgeable." I recommend making this statement more meaningful by qualifying that knowledge. For example:

I am an expert data entry clerk with _____ years of experience and the skills required to accurately input and manage large volumes of data while paying close attention to detail.

The rest of your summary sounds good and you can add more value if you talk about these things:

• Talk about your typing speed, accuracy, attention to detail, and how you can maintain quality standards.
  • Which software applications and tools are you familiar with or use? (Clients may have their own systems/tools and many look for specific experience with Microsoft Office 365, Google Sheets, etc., so mentioning these tools can go a long way.)
  • Talk about how you can uphold ethical standards, protect proprietary data/information, and use responsible practices for data collection and analysis.
  • Talk about your ability to solve administrative problems and adapt to changing or new requirements if necessary.

3) Add a portfolio to show samples of previous work or to demonstrate your skills. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression on potential clients. If you don’t have relevant examples to add to your portfolio, you can create items that demonstrate your skills.

You may want to add one or two Specialized Profiles that focus on specific services or completely unrelated services. Having a specialized profile can help increase a freelancer's searchability.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
celgins
Community Member

Angy,

I see good information in your profile, but you need to go much further to convince clients to hire you.

Here are my suggestions to improve your profile:

1) I think the first part of your title will make sense to clients, but the last few words will have no meaning: "Database" and "S." I recommend: Data Entry & Transcription Services | Data Management

2) Your overview/summary has good information, but the first sentence may not have the intended effect: "I am a data entry clerk who is knowledgeable." I recommend making this statement more meaningful by qualifying that knowledge. For example:

I am an expert data entry clerk with _____ years of experience and the skills required to accurately input and manage large volumes of data while paying close attention to detail.

The rest of your summary sounds good and you can add more value if you talk about these things:

• Talk about your typing speed, accuracy, attention to detail, and how you can maintain quality standards.
  • Which software applications and tools are you familiar with or use? (Clients may have their own systems/tools and many look for specific experience with Microsoft Office 365, Google Sheets, etc., so mentioning these tools can go a long way.)
  • Talk about how you can uphold ethical standards, protect proprietary data/information, and use responsible practices for data collection and analysis.
  • Talk about your ability to solve administrative problems and adapt to changing or new requirements if necessary.

3) Add a portfolio to show samples of previous work or to demonstrate your skills. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression on potential clients. If you don’t have relevant examples to add to your portfolio, you can create items that demonstrate your skills.

You may want to add one or two Specialized Profiles that focus on specific services or completely unrelated services. Having a specialized profile can help increase a freelancer's searchability.

Good luck!

9f5e4f26
Community Member

Thank you Clark

Latest Articles
Learning Paths