🐈
» Forums » Profile Feedback » Profile feedback
Page options
97ac3079
Community Member

Profile feedback

Hello everyone, 

I would like my Upwork profile to be reviewed and receive a honest feedback.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
celgins
Community Member

Hello Kerry,

Virtual assistance is an extremely competitive work area, so clients need to understand the benefit to hiring you. The information in your overview/summary is good, but you need to go further to convince clients to hire you.

Here are some ideas you can use to improve your profile:

Title: Remove the word "experienced" and capitalize the first letter of each word in your title; this will help it stand out: Virtual Assistant

Overview/Summary: Good information in your summary, but it needs more. First, remove the following:

"Dear Client"

"Thank you very much for taking the time to visit my profile."

Why? Because when clients search for freelancers, only the first 200-250 characters of your summary are shown. This means you have very little space (approximately two short sentences) to get their attention. You want clients to see their goals (your services and success) in this small space. You don't want to waste space with greetings and headings.

The information after "Why Me?" is great, and you can enhance your summary by adding more details that show clients your value. For example:

• Talk about your typing speed, accuracy, attention to detail, and how you can maintain quality standards.
  • Which software applications and tools are you familiar with or use (e.g., Microsoft Office, Slack, Asana, Zoom, Google Calendar, etc.)?
  • Talk about your ability to solve administrative problems and adapt to changing or new requirements if necessary.

Portfolio: Add a portfolio to show samples of previous work or to demonstrate your skills. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression on potential clients. If you don’t have relevant examples to add to your portfolio, you can create items that demonstrate your skills.

Employment History: Add short job descriptions to each job in your employment history. A job description is especially important when the job is highly relevant to the services you provide on Upwork. Upwork uses keywords in job titles and descriptions to match you with relevant jobs.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
celgins
Community Member

Hello Kerry,

Virtual assistance is an extremely competitive work area, so clients need to understand the benefit to hiring you. The information in your overview/summary is good, but you need to go further to convince clients to hire you.

Here are some ideas you can use to improve your profile:

Title: Remove the word "experienced" and capitalize the first letter of each word in your title; this will help it stand out: Virtual Assistant

Overview/Summary: Good information in your summary, but it needs more. First, remove the following:

"Dear Client"

"Thank you very much for taking the time to visit my profile."

Why? Because when clients search for freelancers, only the first 200-250 characters of your summary are shown. This means you have very little space (approximately two short sentences) to get their attention. You want clients to see their goals (your services and success) in this small space. You don't want to waste space with greetings and headings.

The information after "Why Me?" is great, and you can enhance your summary by adding more details that show clients your value. For example:

• Talk about your typing speed, accuracy, attention to detail, and how you can maintain quality standards.
  • Which software applications and tools are you familiar with or use (e.g., Microsoft Office, Slack, Asana, Zoom, Google Calendar, etc.)?
  • Talk about your ability to solve administrative problems and adapt to changing or new requirements if necessary.

Portfolio: Add a portfolio to show samples of previous work or to demonstrate your skills. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression on potential clients. If you don’t have relevant examples to add to your portfolio, you can create items that demonstrate your skills.

Employment History: Add short job descriptions to each job in your employment history. A job description is especially important when the job is highly relevant to the services you provide on Upwork. Upwork uses keywords in job titles and descriptions to match you with relevant jobs.

Good luck!

97ac3079
Community Member

Thank You!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths