🐈
» Forums » Profile Feedback » Request for Profile Feedback from Experienced...
Page options
fd28cec6
Community Member

Request for Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers

Hi. Community members.

Hope you are doing well.

I'm looking for some constructive feedback on my Upwork profile. I'm not sure if my profile is presenting me in the best light.

I would really appreciate if you could take a look and provide any suggestions for improvements.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/maksym0410

Thank you. Maksym.

2 REPLIES 2
celgins
Community Member

Hi Maksym,

Your profile is okay, but there are a few things you can do to make it more appealing to potential clients. If we look at each section:

Title: Use the industry standard spellings for "frontend" and "backend" (i.e., add a dash) and capitalize the first letter of each word to help your title stand out: Front-End | Back-End | Blockchain Developer

Overview/Summary: The first part of your first sentence may be confusing to clients:

"As a professional programmer who is ready for low and high level programming languages,"

As a professional programmer, you already know a few languages, so there is no need to be ready for them. Instead, focus the first part of your summary on your services and ability to meet client needs. For example:

As an front-end and back-end development expert, I can design and implement smart contracts, decentralized applications (DApps), and integrating blockchain technology into various systems. I use Javascript/Typescript, Solidity, Rust, C++ and Python to build decentralized applications that are more secure, transparent, traceable, and help streamline business processes by automating trust through smart contracts.

You can revise this as you see fit, but the general idea is the same--tell clients what you can do and how it will benefit them. Also, mention how you communicate and gather feedback during a project to ensure the final product meets their needs, and how you would handle any technical or business challenges and adapt to changing or new requirements if necessary.

Skills: Your skills list looks okay, but I see nothing about Blockchain, Front-End Development or  Back-End Development. All three are highly relevant to your title and summary, and Upwork looks for synergy between each profile section. Upwork uses these skill categories to match you with relevant jobs, and to help your profile appear in search results when clients search for those skills.

Employment History: Add short job descriptions to each job in your employment history. A job description is especially important when the job is highly relevant to the services you provide on Upwork. Upwork uses keywords in job titles and descriptions to match you with relevant jobs.

The biggest improvement you can make is your summary. Once you update it with more information, clients will better understand your value and how you can help them.

Good luck!

fd28cec6
Community Member

Hi Clark, I have noted.

Thank you for taking the time and giving great advice.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths