🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Releasing milestone payment and submission of...
Page options

Releasing milestone payment and submission of work for payment issues.

Clients may be having an error "Could not approve the submission. Please try again later" when releasing milestone payments.

ArjayM_1-1715199063945.png

Also, some freelancers are having the error "Submission of milestone failed" when submitting their work. 

ArjayM_0-1715198953766.png

We want to let you know that our engineers are aware of these issues and are now working as fast as possible to resolve them. We will update this thread once we have more information.

Edited to update information. 5/9/2024

We would like to let you know that this issue is now resolved

Thank you for your patience. 

18 Comments
igorlidle
Community Member

My client can't approve the milestone. He has been charged and the funds are in escrow. But when he tries to approve the milestone, he gets an error. I also get an error when I try to submit work. We've been working for two years and this is the first time we've had a problem like this.

458d419c
Community Member

I have a contract where my client funded a new milestone and when he was approving it's said failing and when I submit work for payment it's also saying "submission failed''

Someone help what to do, my client and I have trouble releasing the payment.

Thanks.

NikolaS

Hi Igor, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share a screenshot of the error message from your end so that we can look into this further and assist you accordingly? 

daa99922
Community Member

floridablue wrote:

I have a contract where my client funded a new milestone and when he was approving it's said failing and when I submit work for payment it's also saying "submission failed''

Someone help what to do, my client and I have trouble releasing the payment.

Thanks.

Hello, 

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble you’re experiencing with the milestone payment submission. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

Check Payment Method: Ensure that the payment method is up-to-date and the billing address matches the one on file.
Sufficient Funds: Verify that there are enough funds in the account linked to the payment method.
Technical Errors: Look for any technical glitches on the platform you’re using, which could be causing the transaction to fail.
Approval-Based Milestones: If the milestone is approval-based, confirm that all necessary approvals or sign-offs from stakeholders have been obtained.

Bank Inquiry: If the problem persists, contact your bank to check if there’s an issue with your account that’s preventing the payment from going through.

It’s important to communicate with your client throughout this process to ensure both parties are aware of the steps being taken to resolve the issue. Keep a record of all communications and attempts to troubleshoot, as this information may be helpful if you need to escalate the issue with customer support. I hope this helps, and the payment issue gets resolved quickly!

Best Regard,
Diana H

458d419c
Community Member

Hi the fund is esrow he was releasing the payment but he couldn't do it

then when I submit work to request payment, it is failing also.

458d419c
Community Member

It is failing in him too, what should we do?

NikolaS

Hi Jelly, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share a screenshot of the error message from your end so that we can look into this further and assist you accordingly? 

458d419c
Community Member

I've provided a screenshot of mine and my client

NikolaS

Thank you for following up, Jelly.

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

458d419c
Community Member

Hi Nikolas,

Thank you it has been resolved.