🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Unable to upload picture. Error: Failed to in...
Page options

Unable to upload picture. Error: Failed to initialise NumberFormat since used feature is not support

Update 2/3/23: 
Our engineers investigated this issue and have not been able to replicate it using supported browsers. 
Please make sure you're using 
a supported browser and please note that we only support the latest two versions of the browsers listed in the article. If you continue experiencing errors while using a supported browser, please let us know and share the name and version of your browser. 

New users may experience issue with updating their profile photo. 

Here is a screenshot of the error message: 

Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 8.17.48 PM.png

Error text: "Failed to initialise NumberFormat since used feature is not support" 

17 Comments
a8513de1
Community Member

Hey, 

everytime i try to upload a picture i get this error, " Failed to initialize NumberFormat since used feature is not supported in the linked ICU version. " 

This is the image i'm trying to upload.

Please help.

NikolaS

Hi Kanika,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share a screenshot of the error message from your end so that we can look into this further and assist you accordingly? 

175ac8cf
Community Member

I'm also having the same problem....It's just a message box with the error message typed above. 

ArjayM

Hi Idalia,

We truly appreciate you reaching out and reporting these errors. Can you please share with us a screenshot of what you can see from your end? This way we can take a closer look and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

175ac8cf
Community Member

Here it is....Hope you can help

IMG_4244.jpeg

NikolaS

Hi Idalia,

Thank you for following up and sharing a screenshot from your end. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

a8513de1
Community Member

AndreaG
Hi Kanika, please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px and no more than 4000 x 4000px. Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot, that your face is visible, and that the following requirements are met:

• You are not wearing sunglasses in the photo
  • It is not a logo or clip-art
  • It is not a group photo
  • The picture was not digitally-altered
  • The maximum size is 5 MB
If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it, please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if the problem persists.

Note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information about profile pictures and tips on choosing an excellent profile photo.

73c5ca95
Community Member

Hi, Iam having the same Issue, resulting in me not being able to create a profile, and thus search for a job. I am seeing the same notification error as the people above.

ArjayM

Hi Naomi,

We truly appreciate your interest in starting a career with Upwork! I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties uploading your profile picture. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here.