🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » YouTube "Shorts" Links aren't Supported for P...
Page options

YouTube "Shorts" Links aren't Supported for Profile Videos

While YouTube "Shorts" links aren't currently supported for freelancer profile intro videos, this is something that our engineers are working to fix soon. 

Meanwhile, as a workaround you should be able to replace "shorts/" with "watch?v=" in your link and the video will be added.

Edited to add:

Hi All,

This issue is resolved and we will be closing this thread from further comments. However, if you still experience the issue mentioned on this thread please let us know by posting in Community Support section and we will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

40 Comments
c5d96bcd
Community Member

Hello there, I want to upload a YouTube Short to my portfolio but unfortunately the video won't be displayed / the link won't get recognized.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks,

Marc

LuiggiR

Hi Marc,

Do you get any kind of error message whenever you try uploading said video? Could you also please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. 

c5d96bcd
Community Member

Screenshot 2023-01-08 at 10.41.59.png

no error message, just the save button is blurred out when I paste the link.

c5d96bcd
Community Member

I found the solution: in the Youtube shorts URL, replace "shorts/" with "watch?v=". This worked for me!

NikolaS

Hi All, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I would like to let you know that our engineers are aware of this issue and they are working as fast as possible to resolve it. 

We will update the thread once we have more information. 

We appreciate your patience,  

kochubei_valeria
Community Member
Status changed to: Workaround

c9011d44
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. can someone help me?

66a1dacd
Community Member

hello,

i have problem with uploading video introducation to my profile ...

short videos from youtube are allowed or not??

295973f1
Community Member

Hi

The same problem with my public "short" video  and changing "short" to  "watch?v=" didn't work for me.

Thanks

NikolaS
Status changed to: Resolved

Hi All,

This issue is resolved and we will be closing this thread from further comments. However, if you still experience the issue mentioned on this thread please let us know by posting in Community Support section and we will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.