🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » After my proposal is accepted
Page options
7cc88a2e
Community Member

After my proposal is accepted

As a freelancer, will I get an email notification if my proposal is accepted?

Is the interview carried out on this platform or otherwise.

How do I know escrow has my back?

1 REPLY 1
NikolaS

Hi Rockefeller, 

After you accept an invitation or send a proposal, the client may or may not choose to respond. If a client responds, the invitation or proposal becomes an active candidacy and a message room is created for you and the client to further discuss the project. To help our users connect as safely as possible, we require that you do not request or share any contact information and keep all direct communications on Upwork until you start a contract. This means you cannot share your contact information in your profiles, proposals, job postings, invites, or other pre-hire contacts. All introductions, interviews, and project scoping communications need to use Upwork's collaboration tools. You can find more information in this help article

Upwork Fixed-Price Protection uses escrow to help ensure that you get paid for the work you do and your clients get the work you’ve agreed to do. Under this program, clients deposit a milestone payment into escrow before you begin working.

Upon receiving and approving the work, your client releases the payment, and you’ll see the payment as pending in your report overview. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

Additionally, I would recommend you check available learning paths in the Academy section to help you get started on Upwork. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths