🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can we use other account to post a job as a c...
Page options
df140ab6
Community Member

Can we use other account to post a job as a client and let our other account do it as a freelancer

Can we use other account to post a job as a client and let our other account do it as a freelancer and how does upwork know we post a fake project?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Obviously it's against the rules to post a fake project and hire yourself for the purpose of giving yourself a fake review. This is a very quick way to be permanently removed from Upwork, especially since you've announced your intentions in a public forum.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
prestonhunter
Community Member

No.

Obviously it's against the rules to post a fake project and hire yourself for the purpose of giving yourself a fake review. This is a very quick way to be permanently removed from Upwork, especially since you've announced your intentions in a public forum.

Thank you for telling me cause ive been thinking this so i have to checked it first is it allowed or not and i didnt found anyone discuss about this

do you know how to tell the difference between real and fake projects?

David A wrote:
do you know how to tell the difference between real and fake projects?

It sounds like you haven't given up on this idea, and now you're looking for tips on how to get away with it?

Nope im asking that so my connect didnt go to waste/vain,and a several days ago i found a job with 50+ proposal, 166 interview but hasnt hire any one else 

David A wrote:

Nope im asking that so my connect didnt go to waste/vain,and a several days ago i found a job with 50+ proposal, 166 interview but hasnt hire any one else 

Doesn't have to be a scam, maybe a client who finds it very hard to make a decision. In any case, I'd skip that one. 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

David A wrote:

Can we use other account to post a job as a client and let our other account do it as a freelancer

The upwork algorithm finds this kind of thing real fast, and ZAP!

roberty1y
Community Member

You'll find you can also be an ex-client and an ex-freelancer at the same time. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths