🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Experience
Page options
73f737f9
Community Member

Experience

Hi I am Riza khan i have been struggling with the challenges that I haven't been able to secure. "That first client" either. Additionally, I find the Upwork interface

difficult to navigate at times. I was excited to use the platform as it was

referred to me by a colleague who found it useful.

I'm definitely not

having the same experience as she & any advice from anyone would be greatlY appreciated. Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

There are many problems with your profile. Your hourly rate is much too high - no client is going to pay an inexperienced, entry-level person $55/hour. Your overview sounds like you copy/pasted various things that you found online, but it doesn't actually say whether you have any real skills or what kind of work (specifically) that you are trying to get. In the education section, it says that you obtained a B.A. degree - but from high school, and in only one year? That makes no sense. Are you even over 18? If you're not, you aren't allowed to be on Upwork at all. 

It's going to be extremely difficult for you to find any work here. I would hate for you to waste your time and money (because after you use up your free connects, you will have to start paying to send proposals). I suggest that you finish your education and get some real-world work experience before you try to become a freelancer.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
celgins
Community Member

Hi Riza Khan,

If you are using a mobile phone device to access Upwork, many freelancers find the Upwork interface easier to navigate on a desktop computer. If you are referring to using Upwork to bid and win jobs, be sure to check out the following Academy Courses and Learning Paths:

Getting attention from clients in your skill area is difficult and most freelancers struggle to win their first job. Winning a job starts with your proposals/cover letters, but your profile is also important. You must make sure your profile is 100% complete and offers value to clients.

I looked at your profile and there are several problems that might prevent clients from hiring you. Post a message in the New to Upwork forum: Get Profile Feedback and someone will review your profile and offer tips.

73f737f9
Community Member

Hi Clark S,

Thank you for your advice. I would really appreciate it and I'll make sure every thing is fine in my profile.😊

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

There are many problems with your profile. Your hourly rate is much too high - no client is going to pay an inexperienced, entry-level person $55/hour. Your overview sounds like you copy/pasted various things that you found online, but it doesn't actually say whether you have any real skills or what kind of work (specifically) that you are trying to get. In the education section, it says that you obtained a B.A. degree - but from high school, and in only one year? That makes no sense. Are you even over 18? If you're not, you aren't allowed to be on Upwork at all. 

It's going to be extremely difficult for you to find any work here. I would hate for you to waste your time and money (because after you use up your free connects, you will have to start paying to send proposals). I suggest that you finish your education and get some real-world work experience before you try to become a freelancer.

027fa688
Community Member

I am experience and job connections are kicu amio are you doing today hope 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths