🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Fre...
Page options
AndreaG

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was closed as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

Thanks,
~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,119 REPLIES 2,119

Kazi,

You haven't changed a thing that I can see. You want me to say your profile is perfect? Ask William. He might let you get away with that, but not me.

Can you review my profile

Hello Anthony,

Could you review my profile 

Help!!! Ahhh this is very stressful. I need help to see if my whole profile is good. Thank you. 

Hello Anthony Sir,

I would be glad to receive your feedback on my profile as well. Thanks.

Kazi,

No way Anthony 🙂

Please change your Summary into 3 paragraphs and remove the numbering, use all 15 Skills IF they apply, add a sentence to the Employment entry. Have a wonderful Monday!

Tips for getting better my profile on Upwork, please.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~018b66ac723d2da986

Happy Monday, everyone! As a Purple Heart Recipient, and Medically Retired Special Operations Counterintelligence United States Marine Corps Veteran, I am a nimble, agile, established, technically-savvy strategist and tactician with 10+ years of experience navigating the complexities of the Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance (GRC) and Internal Auditing fields, working alongside clients as a trusted advisor, consultant, and subject matter expert (SME) on governance and enterprise risk.

In today's remote and hybrid environment[s], continuing my career from a "freelance" perspective allows me more effectively facilitate the expert cultivation of data-driven consensus in collaborative, team-oriented environments by leveraging effective audits/assessments, strategic planning, change management, and program management to coach and empower clients/partners in the optimization and performance of GRC activities across the/my client's organization.

When working with/alongside a client in such a remote setting, I believe the initial and ongoing consistent baselining of mutual expectations results in a more cohesive and trust-based partnership. Such a partnership allows for the transparent, flexible, and creative facets of this trust-based relationship to flourish.

Furthermore, the prospective fortification of this partnership (working with a client remotely) then supports me in guiding my client by employing a consistent, pragmatic, and analytical approach to problem-solving and critical thinking to introduce actionable improvements, workflows, and streamlined solutions that bolster operational frameworks, maintain compliance, and support established requirements—building strong, trusted relationships with clients supported by an “on time, the right time, every time” mentality.

... Unfortunately, I have been on up work for over 4 months now and have not won or secured and engagement or new opportunity.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Please review my profile and provide feedback as I diligently search for opportunities. Thank you! 

Hi Upwork family!

I'm brand new in the community shout out to every freelancer in the house. Can someone quickly scan my profile and provide feedback please?

Your feedback count so don't hesitate to drop down all of them for immediate action & correction.

Thanks regards

Rene Ringnyu 

Your profile is set to private.

Try sending a message switching it to public so your profile will be more visible to others

Help me to give feedback as per my profile. I new on Upwork but i have more than 11 years Experience. Help me to get my first order.

Hi everyone, pleasure to meet you all on this plateform. I always wish and like to work in a friendly environment. Hope we will contribute our part to this community. 

Q: Is my profile upto date or need any edition? 

Kindly help with an answer.

Special Regards

Thanks,

Archhitect Kamran khan

e2bf5800
Community Member

REVIEW my profile please. Striving hard to get work. 

Samina,

Please use colorful graphics for your Portfolio images, use all 15 Skills IF they apply and turn your Earnings to Public so clients and see the quanity of work handled. Have a wonderful day!

Samina,

I actually think that's a pretty solid copywriting profile. Nice job.

111bbbf9
Community Member

Hi! I am new at upwork and would love if someone help me to understand what else I need to change in my profile to get more jobs. I registrate in the morning, now is an evening in my place and I have no works yet. 

Lika,

Your photo is too dark and your write up is not very convincing. People with as much experience as you generally have more to say about their services. What have you done in the past? Who have you helped? What kind of gains do your customers get when they hire you? What is your range of styles? 

You are competing against tens of thousands jof others, You have to be more positive, more present, more credible. 

Hi Anthony Sir, Kindly check my profile nd give me your valuable remarks nd suggestions to get my first job on upwork..

Regards

M.Aqib

Hi, I am Mary Anne. I am only 19, a working student. I'll guarantee you that i am flexible in any type of work that offers to me. I am serving people now, i work in Local Civil Registry where people needs me the most especially when they really need the things to be done as fast as they want.

Lika,

Please use all 15 Skills IF they apply so clients can better locate your profile. Have a great day!

Please can you help me and Check my profile also? 

msaifullahnakih
Community Member

Hi! I am new at Upwork!!  Can anyone help me and let me know how is my profile 

Saifullah,

Please do such a great job you receive a Review for your projects, and add a short sentence to each of the Employment entries. Have an amazing day!

Thank you so much for your feedback

Wiliam,

I'm new to upwork, I compelet intership recently as fullstack developer but I'm puzzled to continu as fullstack dev or just frontend dev. I appreciate your reading up here and I'd be glad if you'd look at my profile and give me some advice

fdc238be
Community Member

Thank you for helping the newcomers, it really means a lot!

I'd like to get a review of my profile.

Thanks a bunch!

If you are going to be any kind of writer, you shouldn't have mistakes in your profile or your portfolio. You need to correct the errors. I would suggest you change the introduction to talk more about what you will specifically do for the client. Chances are, the clients know how big the Internet is today.

Add more to your portfolio and make sure you check for errors before posting. When you write proposals, make sure they are spelled correctly and use proper grammar rules. You may need to review or learn more about grammar and how to phrase sentences, based on the mistakes you made. Clients have little tolerance for errors from writers.

Could you tell me what's wrong with my profile description? ( grammatically )

Thanks for replying!

You may think I am being picky, but some clients will read your profile and the documents in your portfolio. If they saw the errors, they would likely reject you as a writer. I see you have made some changes and removed one of the two documents.

No, I will not tell you where the errors are in your profile and portfolio. You need to learn how to edit your work. If you go through and look, you will find them.

Djordje,

Please reduce the length of your Summary in half and place into 3 short paragraphs, use colorful graphics for your Portfolio images, and add a short sentence for the Employment entry. Have a great day!

Thank you for the tips!

Djodje,

Yeah, I'm sorry Djodje but clients don't want or need a lecture on the various attributes of the Internet or copywriting. If they are looking for a copywriter then they have already figured that out. Granted, your description is nicely done, but you've still wasted everybody's time. 

What clients want to know is what services are you offering and a few things about yourself to show you are a friendly expert with confidence. That's all they want to hear from you. 

Imagine going to a shoe store and the owner insists you listen to a ten minute lecture on the health benefits of walking before he shows you any shoes. You would wonder why he wasted your time. 

Tell people what you are selling, how it will benefit them and leave at that.

Great advice, I like it!

Thank you very much, sir!

Can you feedback on my profile? You're my senior. And hoping for support and guidance.
Thank You in advance.

Djordje D wrote:

Thanks a bunch!

Djordje D wrote:

Pls review my profile

Thanks a bunch!

adedeji-adegoke
Community Member

Hello, I will really appreciate it if anyone took the time to review my profile. Thank you.

Adegoke,

Please go to Setting and change the status to Public versus Private so I can review. Thanks!

Hi Williams,pls can you review my profile.

Nkemsinachi, 

Your write up is littered with errors. You will have to fix all those and learn to produce clean copy or hire an editor to be a competitive writer.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths