🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Fre...
Page options
AndreaG

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was closed as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

Thanks,
~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,119 REPLIES 2,119
173d0cd6
Community Member

Hi, I'm new here and would love to get a profile review especially with my overview and my billing rates. Thank you

Rita,

You are bright and conscientious, but those are not things you can sell on Upwork. Freelancing is about offering a specific service to people. Are you a writer, a designer, a translator, an engineer? These things lend themselves well to freelancing. Being in love with pets (and everyone applauds that) is not a service you can sell unless you figure out how to be an onlline freelance veterinarian.

That said, a nutrition expert for animals -- that's something you could turn into a service. But I donn't think many clients come to Upwork for advise about their pets. You should research that; stranger things have happened.

You say you love writng. That might be a service you can sell. Look up other profiles of writers and try to locate ones with high earnings and favorable reviews. See what it takes to be a writer on Upwork. You can tell by looking at earnings and reviews.

That said, there are 1.5 million writers on Upwork, so the competition is fierce. Keep that in mind, too. 

Great to hear from you, thanks a lot.
290e84b3
Community Member

Hello everyone! Can anyone help me with my profile?

nomanmehmood23
Community Member

Hello, Upwork community! I'm a software engineer on Upwork, constantly striving to improve my profile and services. I'd greatly appreciate it if you could look at my profile and provide honest feedback. Your insights and suggestions will help me better understand how I can improve my profile and services to meet the needs of my clients better.
Thank you in advance for your time and input!

Here is the link to my profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01e3bb5733c45688b1

nomanmehmood23
Community Member

Hello, Upwork community! I'm a software engineer on Upwork, constantly striving to improve my profile and services. I'd greatly appreciate your looking at my profile and providing honest feedback. Your insights and suggestions will help me better understand how I can improve my profile and services to meet the needs of my clients better.
Thank you in advance for your time and input!

Here is the link to my profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01e3bb5733c45688b1

65b093bf
Community Member

Hi Andrea, may i seek feedback about may profile here at Upwork?

Struan,

Writing in all capital letters is a horrible idea. Just by the look of it, no one will want to ready your write up.

Secondly, you never say what you actually do. You are some kind of busines expert. What kind? Are you a supply chain expert, a human resources expert, a systems expert? What? 

You make it sound like you're a magician -- and a very loud one at that. You seem to say you can fix any business issue that comes up. I highly doubt that's the case.

Be more specific. People want to know where their money is going and what their money is doing. They generally don't hand their money to someone who promises the sun and the stars with no concrete evidence that you're an expert at all.

jamshaid7200
Community Member

Can anyone help me and let me know how is my profile 

72a60367
Community Member

I would greatly appreciate feedback on my profile. Thank you!

Angela,

Your profile is a bit skimpy. It is all nicely done, but sometimes people need to spend a bit of time with you, a perfect stranger, before responding to a proposal of yours. 

I don't know how to extend your profile, but I would read other profiles of similar workers and see if you can get ideas from them. As for the basics , a profile should establsh yourself as an expert (check), be friendly (you did fine) and show confidence. You've done all those things ... so it's up to you whether or not to add to it or not.

Good luck.

98ae171a
Community Member

Hi, I m new on upwork kindly help me and check my profile

Kindly review my profile

0bd623e1
Community Member

Kindly review my profile please

a4179443
Community Member

hello... is my upwork profile is good enough to get job from this platform? someone help please

Sidra, 

Your job title says "content writing, virtual assistance, Data Entry, Review"

That is very careless writing. Content writing should start with a capital "C" and data entry should be written with a small case "d" and "e." Then you have the word "Review," which is capitalized and hardly means anything at all. Review what?

You have to be much, much more careful if you are going to claim you are a writer. You have barely gotten started on a profile and it is not in good shape.

Community Member

Hi MIRZA, Please kindly review my profile

b9be4c56
Community Member

Hello Dear,

could you please check my profile and give me your feedback.

d0010bd5
Community Member

Please glance through my profile, thanks.

a39cee63
Community Member

Please, I'm new here and would appreciate some profile feedback 🙏

8805c56e
Community Member

Any suggestion for improving my profile? Thanks in advance.

9bbb437d
Community Member

Hey Guys! New to Upwork and would love some feedback on my profile. Thank you!

61773fa9
Community Member

May I know how is my profile? Thank you

29d12e05
Community Member

Good day Andrea, thanks for this, I'm interested. 

Thank you

Toluwalope ADEDOKUN 

Toluwalope ADEDOKUN
4439a2aa
Community Member

Hiya nice fellow freelancers. What do you think of my profile?

fd48c974
Community Member

what should i do to get more  to my profile??

64eeaa37
Community Member

Hii. this is omsai and you can check my profile and please mention the neccessary changes that i need to change in my profile. I am an intern and i am not experienced . Thanks for the feedback work I think this will help a lot of people

c8536f4e
Community Member

Please help me review my profile. I am new to upwork.

8b436813
Community Member

Hello everyone, I will be grateful for the evaluation of the profile. I do not have a confirmed professional education. I studied by myself.

40ab2c24
Community Member

Can anyone help me and let me know how is my profile

51762bec
Community Member

Hi,

Please look on my profile and if there's something I will remove or add, please let me know. Thanks!

Best Regards

faria-hilna
Community Member

Hi everyone.

I have probably applied to 100 jobs and had 1 proposal. What could I be doing wrong? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

Hilna

Hilna,

Clients like to know that you can get results. They like to know that you finish jobs and don't leave them hanging.

You described your job descriptions, but can you say a bit about your history with copywriting and proofreading. "I have worked with all kinds of clients in the past ... " or "I have worked with Internet copy and academic reports ..."

Clients need to have confidence in you. You're just a stranger to them. You have to let them know their fears are covered ... "I always meet deadlines ..." "I give you a finished product ..." things like those ideas help.

Do you use credentialed standards in your proofreading? If so, I would mention those, as well.

jonathan_toro
Community Member

I'm not new but I've never been hired, does that apply to new?

Your profile has been set to Private

Try fixing that and start applying for jobs more often.

7366e30a
Community Member

How can i get simple work like photo resizes,colour change, copy paste etc iam a new freelancer 

Mr. Rocky,

Pick one of those skills that you do very, very, very, very well and focus on that. This is not a one-stop shopping excursion. Freelancers are boutique businesspersons.

7a5bedc1
Community Member

Hi community, i'm new to upwork and would like to receive some feedback around my profile, what should i implement, or focus to get a better public profile, thank you all!

nossy
Community Member

Hi , Please check my profile. Thank you.

AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths