🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Fre...
Page options
AndreaG

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was closed as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

Thanks,
~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

999 REPLIES 999
celgins
Community Member

Nick-Nirav,

Your profile is straightforward and fairly short right now. It looks like you have a long-term contract in-place, so that's a good thing.

Nick,

You should add more. Try to be personable and discuss your services and how they benefit others.

41e30cb0
Community Member

Hello upwork community I am new to upwork and welcome to all friends I have completed my profile with great effort and guide me how can I complete my profile as per cent thank you and peace.

celgins
Community Member

Hello Ghulam Muhammad,

Welcome to Upwork.

I reviewed your profile and there are a few things you need to fix. Most notably, several grammatical errors and the need for more information in some areas.

Title: Your title is focused, but it needs to be more consise and spelling errors corrected. For example, there is no need to mention "off-page SEO" twice in your title. I suggest you revise your title to something like: Off-Page SEO | Link Building | Content Writing.

Overview/Summary: Your summary speaks directly to potential clients, and that is good. But there are several grammatical errors that need correction. You should also add spacing to make it easier for clients to read. Finally, you should remove the introductions and greetings. Clients can see your name on your profile and the you want to grab the client's attention within the first few sentences. Maybe you could revise it this way:

Highly successful Off-Page SEO expert specializing in link building, off-page optimization, and guest post outreach for high DA DR websites. I pride myself on being hyper-focused and highly successful in completing and delivering quality off-page SEO services that optimize your conversion rates.

Are you looking for a link building expert to develop a custom guest post outreach that generates quality backlinks from authoritative websites? I provide you with popular blog links, high authority website backlinks, and guest post outreach services that ranks your business higher, drives more traffic, and increases your sales and revenue.

Creative article ideation and creation are covered by me. For years, I have worked as one of the best guest post service providers online and I take great pride in having the best track record of helping my clients generate traffic to their sites and rank high in Google search results.

So, what's the next step? Let’s discuss your website and off-page SEO needs and how I can help. I'm available to meet here on Upwork Zoom to review your project.

Portfolio: You should add more items to your portfolio. Clients will want to see more examples of your success in provided off-page SEO.

After you make these updates, keep applying for jobs that match your qualifications and skills by writing great cover letters. In your cover letters, always make sure you create a custom response based on the client's job. Focus on the client's specific points in their job description; highlight your qualifications; and tell the client how you will meet their requirements.

1e4654f1
Community Member

Hi! I signed up for Upwork in September 2022, but I didn't start looking for jobs until March 2023.

In the first week, I found two clients, and then there was silence.

I understand that the competition is high and need to keep sending proposals and not despair haha.

But I have a couple of questions, what are the conditions to be met to get Rising Talent, and how many jobs should be done?

Well, and of course I will be glad to hear your thoughts and recommendations about the profile 🙂

celgins
Community Member

Emil,

The requirements for receiving the Rising Talent Badge are best described here.

I reviewed your profile and everything looks good. Your title, summary, portfolio, skills categories, testimonials, and employment history are good.

Yes, competition is high, so the best thing you can do is keep applying for jobs that match your qualifications by writing great cover letters. Write a custom cover letter based on the client's job: 1) acknowledge the job you are applying for; 2) highlight your qualifications; 3) explain how you will solve their problem; and finally, 4) request an Upwork Zoom call to discuss their project.

Good luck!

Emil,

I would take out all those distracting icons that you've littered all over your write-up. Then put the testimonials in quotaion marks to make it clear those are quotes " ... "

I find all those distractions unprofessional. It could be just a matter of style, but that's my take on it.

8473fba7
Community Member

I'm Shan a digital marketer and an affiliate market. Please visit my profile on Upwork.

celgins
Community Member

Syed Shan,

I visited your profile and things are fine. Even though you have had success here on Upwork, I would remove most of the greetings in your summary.

celgins_0-1681143114831.png

The reason is because the first two lines are important. This is where clients begin reading and you want to make a positive impact with your words. The greeting wastes space and forces the client to keep reading for any information that might help them solve their problem or meet their digital marketing needs. You have had succes with it, so it's not a big deal if you choose to keep the greeting.

The rest of your profile appears to be in order.

sabbarah90
Community Member

Hello, 

I need a feedback related to my profile, its been a long time here and i even didnt get my first earning from here.

Thanks for your review

Hello Sabbar,

As I'm sure you know, you are in an extremely competitive niche, so winning jobs will be a challenge. There are a few things in your profile you should work on improving:

Title: Capitalize each word in your title: Customer/Email Support | Chat Support

Overview/Summary: You have good information in your summary, but should make it more client-focused. Meaning, you want to speak to the client and tell them how you will meet their needs. Clients expect to read about your skills, qualifications, and some personal attributes, but what they really want to know is how your skills/qualifications will benefit them.

Portfolio: You should provide a portfolio and include items that help showcase your skills and qualifications. These items can be chat screenshots, email support text, digital marketing screens, etc.

Employment History: Add a short job description for the job listed in your employment history.

After you make these updates, start applying for jobs that match your qualifications and skills by writing great cover letters. In your cover letters, always make sure you create a custom response based on the client's job. Focus on the client's specific points in their job description; highlight your qualifications; and tell the client how you will meet their requirements.

haider_shafique
Community Member

Hey! I'm not new to Upwork, but I'd love to get feedback from an expert for my profile.

Thanks!

Hi Haider,

I'm not an expert, but I looked through your profile in detail, and everything looks great! No huge issues that would prevent clients from choosing you as their graphic designer.

chad_excel
Community Member

Hi, I have just set up my profile fresh after trying in the past unsuccessfully to get momentum. I have been struggling to get any jobs even when I write detailed proposals for potential clients. Any advice or recommendations for my profile to get rolling?

Thanks

Hi Robert,

Your profile is set to Private. You must set your profile to Public so we can see it.

israj_009
Community Member

Hello Folks,

I would like to share my freelancer profile link with you. 

Link: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01524530709b2e037b

I am seeking your valuable feedback and suggestions to improve my profile. What changes do you recommend I make to improve it?

Thanks In Advance. 

Hello Israj,

Everything in your profile looks good, especially your portfolio, project catalog and testimonials. I have only a few suggestion for your overview/summary and some grammatical errors in other areas.

Overview/Summary: I always recommend the first two sentences of your summary be focused on grabbing the client's attention. The greeting and introduction is fine, but this wastes space in those first two lines. Clients can see your name on your profile, so there is no need to repeat it here.

I suggest removing the greeting and making the first two sentences a little stronger to entice more clients to read further. Maybe something like:

I am a dynamic and highly skilled senior WordPress Developer and UX/UI Designer with three years of solid experience developing dynamic websites for my clients. I hold a bachelor's degree in computer science and I have completed software engineering projects for businesses, and this background allows me to build better web solutions by staying abreast of the latest and greatest tech innovations.

CMS I USE:
(everything after this is fine)

Education: Correct the spelling and case: Frontier Grammar School and College

After you make these very minor updates, keep applying for jobs that match your qualifications and skills by writing great cover letters.

Good luck!

Sure, I will update the minor changes. thanks so much

e5cf79eb
Community Member

Hey! I'm interested in this please give my profile a feedback it would mean alot Thankyou🤍

Mukadus,

What you should be selling here is your expertise, not your passion. As such, insert the word "expert" into your first sentence. It should be the fourth word anyone reads ... "I am an expert ...." 

It's OK to mention you have a passion for what you do, but people are not paying for that. They are paying for your skills. You have to shift the focus over to that.l

israj_009
Community Member

Hello Folks,

I would like to share my freelancer profile link with you. 

Link: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01524530709b2e037b

I am seeking your valuable feedback and suggestions to improve my profile. What changes do you recommend I make to improve it?

Thanks In Advance. 

Israj,

Provided in the post above.

672f7942
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I'm new to Upwork and haven't had success in getting a job yet. I'm not sure if it is due to my profile or my proposal approach. Could you please review my profile and provide feedback on areas for improvement?

Thank you!

David,

Your profile is not strong enough. 

You're first four words should be "I am an expert _____________"

If you're not an expert, you are probably in the wrong place.

However, if you are an expert, then it is very unlikely you are an expert in both marketing and architecture.

To be an expert in one thing requires, according to one business writer, at least 10,000 hours of intense practice at a given task. By that definition, you are certainly too young to be an expert in two things. It is unlikely, in fact, for you to have one skill in which you are an expert by that definition.

So, the first thing you need to do is to stop trying to be both a marketing expert and an archetectual expert. Choose one of these and go with that.

Even then, your profile needs to be much stronger. Much more confident.

You wrote at one point, "I am here to help."

Clients don't want you to help them. They don't want to work along side of you. They want someone who says, "I can get the job done on my own." They don't think of you as a helper. They think of you as an expert who can do the work without any hassles to them.

4cfcb5c7
Community Member

Hi everyone! Had one order when I first joined UpWork but haven't gotten any since. Mostly focused on helping people improve their resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn pages. Have submitted 45-50 proposals but cannot seem to get an interview from most clients.

celgins
Community Member

Hi Justin,

Welcome to Upwork!

As a client, I would be confused when looking at your profile. You can probably guess why. You have several skillsets and you're probably good at all of them, but prospective clients are typically looking specific work. If you are focused on providing resume/cover letter support, your profile should also be focused on that.

Here are a few suggestions to improve things:

Photo: We all love dogs! But this is probably not the best photo. Your photo should be a close-up image of your head and shoulders that clearly shows your face. Check out Upwork's best practices for How to Choose A Good Profile Picture.

Title: If your focus is on helping people improve their resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn pages, etc., your title should be reflective of that. (see Overview/Summary below). I suggest something similar to the following:

• Resume, CV, Cover Letter, LinkedIn Expert
  • Resume Writer | Cover Letter Expert | LinkedIn Profile Strategist
  • Resume Writer | LinkedIn Optimizer | Job Search Strategist
  • Professional CV/Resume Writer | LinkedIn Expert | Career Coach

Overview/Summary: Your summary is where clients might be getting confused. I'm a sports fan, but there is no clear indication why this is included for a freelancer who is a resume builder. Also, the event planning and community engagement activities are great, but they're not relevant to your resume work.

Your summary should be client-focused; meaning, you talk about how your skills/qualifications will help meet a prospective client's needs. Clients do expect to read about your skills and qualifications, but what they really want to know is how your skills/qualifications will benefit them. For example:

What is best way to give your resume and cover letter the best chance to land the job? You have to make sure your personal brand stands out among dozens, if not hundreds of other resumes.
I can help you achieve that by building a thorough, well-written, highly effective cover letter and resume that give you the absolute best chance to win the job.

I’m a professional Resume Builder and LinkedIn Expert specializing in creating compelling cover letters and resumes that convert into new hires. With a background in sales, interview practicing, resume and cover letter construction, I help you focus on your brand with the understanding that competition is inevitable in any job market and only outcome is to win.

With my approach, we will get you through the door with an powerfully compelling resume/CV, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile that helps you land more interviews. I concentrate on carefully wording your cover letter and resume based on your keyword visibility, modern design for resumes and LinkedIn pages, and your overall goals.

Let’s discuss your job search and how I can help improve your brand! I’m available for a video call through Upwork Zoom to walk through your requirements.

Portfolio: Resume writers/builders often think they shouldn't use a portfolio because it will reveal their best work. However, clients expect to see examples of your resume/cover letter writing style and/or format. I suggest you add a portfolio with a few samples. Even if you don't include a full resume, a few half-page snapshots should work.

Everything else in your Skills, Profject Catalog and Employment History is good.

After you make the updates outline above, start applying for jobs that match your qualifications by writing great cover letters. Write a custom cover letter based on the client's job: 1) acknowledge the job you are applying for; 2) highlight your qualifications; 3) explain how you will solve their problem; and finally, 4) request an Upwork Zoom call to discuss their project.

Good luck!

2f1e676b
Community Member

Ma'am please tell me how to working on freelance 

celgins
Community Member

Gujju,

Make sure your profile is 100% complete before applying to jobs. At a minimum, you should read through the following:

You should also click the Academy link at the top of the screen and dive into the Courses and Learning Paths. Once you learn more about the Upwork platform, things will be much clearer.

4e04575e
Community Member

Hey there.i am new in this plat form and just came across your post. Could you please review my profile for me .just want to know if i am on the right track or not.

celgins
Community Member

Hey Itumeleng,

Welcome to Upwork.

Yes, you are on the right track, but your profile still needs a lot of work.

Even though you are a student, you have to think of freelancing like a business. You are a business and you provide accounting services to other businesses (clients). You want to write your summary in a way that focuses on the client's needs. Clients expect to read about your skills and qualifications, but they really want to know how your skills/qualifications will benefit them.

Since you are new to Upwork, make sure your profile is 100% complete before applying to jobs. At a minimum, you should read through the following:

You should also click the Academy link at the top of the screen and dive into the Courses and Learning Paths. Once you learn more about the Upwork platform, you will better understand how to build your profile and win jobs.

Good luck!

64ed25ba
Community Member

Hi theree,

I'm new to Upwork and haven't had success in getting a job yet. I'm unsure if it's due to my profile or my proposal approach. Could you please review my profile and provide feedback on areas for improvement?

Thank you!

celgins
Community Member

Abdur,

I reviewed your profile and everything looks good. My only suggestion is to add a few more items to your portfolio. Clients will expect to see more samples from a Web/UI/UX Designer.

A lot of freelancers are finding it difficult to get profile views and responses to their proposals. Keep applying for jobs that match your qualifications/skills by writing great cover letters. For tips on writing cover letters, read through Upwork's best practices on How To Write a Cover Letter.

Good luck!

2cf6482a
Community Member

Thank you so much for your email
b5f28224
Community Member

I would like to receive feedback on my profile for Executive Virtual Assistant.    Very few people see my profile.  I am new to Upwork, therefore I still don't have the badges or recommendations needed.   How can this be improved?

Ingrid,

OK, you wrote about yourself. Now write about your clients.

What problems do they face that you can solve for them? What benefits will they see if they hire you?

Add a paragraph or two that uses the word "you" many times. "You will benefit from my attention to detail." 

"Your customers will recieve prompt service so that you can concentrate on other aspects of your business."

Your write-up is fine as it is, but you kind of left the client out of the picture. They like to know that you're thinking about them.

6f6bf176
Community Member

ok thank you so much

Lisa,

I didn't see anything wrong with your write up, but that out of focus picture is not helpful. I think you can do better than that.

153d878a
Community Member

Hello all! I would very much like a review of my profile. I aim to provide analytical data services with primary expertise in Power BI and automation, so I hope my profile reflects that.

Robert,

You know, it's an old cliche to say this, but can you possibly re-write your summary only in English this time.

Really, you get the tongue-twister prize. Like maybe you were gargling when you wrote that.

OK, brass tacks: If you believe your clients truly understand all that jargon, then go with it. Perhaps you're just tryging to cover a lot of ground. But for my money, you should be a lot more specific.l What kinds of problems have you actually solved for people in the past? What kinds of results did those customers see? What benefits did they gain from your services as a data analyst.

You might also choose a technique I recommend often: Imagine a camera is following you around. The camera does not film you providing maximizing insights that reflect business decisions. It sees you reading reports. It sees you sitting at the computer writing reports. It sees you researching various topics. It sees you on the phone talking to technicians or other researches.

Write about that -- what do clients actually pay for aside from the lofty prestidigitations you tried to describe? 

d41e1390
Community Member

hi miss andrea,

im marichu tobias from the Philippines and im working now as data entry for 1 week.

i set my payment method to my PayPal, do i need to fill form W9? how can i activate my PayPal payment method? coz i saw its inactive as of now.

Please let me know. 

Thank you 😊

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths