🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Getting Paid
Page options
thekla1993
Community Member

Getting Paid

Hello,

I am facing a problem with the payment method. I live in Lebanon and I never had any account in any bank. Never had and never did one. I always earn my salaries directly by cash. Opening a new account is strictly hard. Not to mention their is no trust in banks. When I added the Paypal method with my brother's account, Upwork sent a notification that the account name does not match my account name so the method is disposed. Surely making a wire transfer is out of the question because the fees are so high. How can I solve this problem? Can I transfer all my earnings to my brother's upwork account? Is it possible? What can I do for this cause? Can't Upwork update there methods to other forms?

1 REPLY 1
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Thekla,

You can't use someone else's account to withdraw funds. To set up payment to your bank or payment account, you must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on that account, or demonstrate that you are authorized by the business to do so. The listed name on the account must match your verified name on Upwork. I suggest checking this help article for more information. You can also check this help article to see all the available payment options on Upwork. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths